Vote chartreuse or black foliage ??????

flowersandthings(MidAtlantic 6/7)August 22, 2004

So which color do you like the best ipomea blackie or margarita black and chartreuse plants are all the range and while burgundy or dark foliage is nice I prefer black flowers...... I like chartreuse flowers and green...... but think I loooooove chartreuse foliage....... it's more my fave....... so bright it pops out in the garden..... granted its good next to dark plants...... like the ipomea black...... but I like the chartreuse better...... votes ????? chartreuse or black...... P.S. one of my favorite easy shrubs is spirea...... beautiful red and chartruese foliage...... and of course pink flowers...... but the foliage an reddish branches are one of tis greatest attributes...... pretty flowres are just topping on the cake...... so versatile...... I think it can be weedy ins ome places but not mine....... Can get bigthough..... but responds well to clipping........ :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Josh(z8a)

I can't decide. But I agree the Spirea (Is it Gold Mound...can't remember) has lovely foliage and in fall here turns a peachy-red.

A new chartreuse perennial for me this year is Tanacetum vulgare "Isla Gold". Easy and frilly ferny foliage good for cutting, roots easily from cuttings. Has those tiny gold button Tansy flowers which I remove...(same as I do those magenta Spirea flowers...lol).

I like both Ipomea 'Blackie' and 'Marguerite', but new favorites are Coleus with solid chartreuse leaves or with deep purple-black colors.

What black flowers do you grow? josh

Bookmark   August 22, 2004 at 10:28PM
Kat

When I go to nurseries my eyes seek out black/purple foliage first. I do love the Blackie and Marguarite together though. I have a coleus that's leaves are such a dark purple they look black. It looks great with any flower color.

Kat

Bookmark   August 25, 2004 at 4:10AM
omniphasic(9 Ca)

I've got this rare Scented Geranium that has these really cool large Chartreuse/Acid Green leaves with a darker chevron-I had it's label with it's name,but I seem to have mis-placed it.It is one of my favorite plants-it's about 3 feet tall.I also like Black Mondo Grass-It looks awesome alone in it's sky blue pot.The Chartreuse leaved Feverfew is nice,too,with it's cheery white daisies.

Bookmark   August 26, 2004 at 12:11AM
flowersandthings(MidAtlantic 6/7)

What kind of scented geranium is that ???? What scent ????? :)

Bookmark   August 26, 2004 at 1:35AM
More Discussions
help identify my coleus
Please help me identify my coleus.
engelis
hibiscus flowers
I have a Hibiscus plant. It rains often, and at times,...
isaiah6624
My first Ficus Benjamina, leaves are dropping
I bought a ficus benjamina about three weeks ago. It...
KarasNT
Help!! Plant Identification
I have no idea what plant this is. It is doing really...
aredden
What type of plant is this please help
Purchased a plant at Walmart something I rarely do...
YoungNewbie816
Sponsored Products
P5131 Wall Sconce by George Kovacs
$150.00 | Lumens
33" Flue Extension for 36" Artisan Series Black Island Range Hood
Signature Hardware
Accent Rug: Sternberg Brown 2' x 3'
Home Depot
Modern Fan Company | Altus Ceiling Fan
$280.00 | YLighting
Painted Medallion Black Outdoor Pillow
$139.00 | FRONTGATE