This weeks blooms posted

flootaJune 1, 2012

Some of this weeks blooms have been added to my blog. With bloom season moving into fast forward mode, I'll try to post pictures on the blog every few days. I like putting the pics on the blog because I can see them better ( guess my age is showing!) Sad but true. Please visit if you have a chance.

Here's the link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie's blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mizellie(z7 Al)

Thanks floota!!Ellie

Bookmark   June 1, 2012 at 10:06PM
shive(6b TN)

Julie - I haven't read your most recent blog because I had to catch up on the one about yellows. Luckily it was about a lot more than yellows. (They're probably my least favorite.) I really got a kick out of Edd's Red Bed. I just love that he really made it look like a sleeping bed. So cute! And your clump shot of Frilly Bliss was heavenly! Thanks for so many great photos of the Region 14 Tour.

Debra

Bookmark   June 1, 2012 at 10:08PM
floota

Another update was just posted to my blog with lots of pics from this week! Many spiders, UFs and small/ mini blooms in the early season. Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog update: cool morning openers

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 9:40PM
bloominghaus7/LI/NY

Wow! Beautiful! Beautiful! Andrea

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 10:24PM
anniegolden(z7a)

I just looked at all your June 5 pphotos. I really like Grace Stamile's (something) Flirt, was is 'Blue Flirt'? and the new spider introduction from Gossard.

So there is a name for that petal folding over problem - tunnelling, you say? I've had some doing that also. And faded colors, and smaller than usual blooms, and some that never opened at all... The reds seem to be doing better than the other colors, have you noticed this?

Christine

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 8:42AM
floota

Hi Christine,
Yes, this is a common occurrence in cooler climates. People call this by a lot of different names - canoeing, tunneling, boating, etc. Although we are below normal rainfall, we have gotten some rain and colors are normal. Colors always look more intense here after rain, and no, I haven't noticed any difference in reds this year. I have been spraying ( more than normal with the upcoming regional) and the thrips have disappeard this year - hooray!

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 9:07AM
Maryl zone 7a

Blue Flirt and Mark Allen Carpenter are real eyecatchers for me. You've posted some beauties alright....Maryl

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 9:13AM
nat4b(4)

Beautiful flowers! I especially like The Band Played On, and the name too :) and Green Inferno.
That tunneling on Barcode (if I am right) doesn't look so bad. What I don't like is when one petal won't open correctly, and that happens quite often here..

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 1:34PM
floota

Exhibition judges call this trait ( when one petal isn't correctly opened) "tonguing". It is considered a fault for an exhibit in a flower show and points are deducted. This week I have walked past a LOT of blooms that were not opened properly because of the weather. We normally don't see that around here, but the cool weather has sure given us a taste of it.

This AM it was so cold that I didn't even bother with the camera and will try to get a few pics tonight!

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 3:53PM
floota

Just posted again - see topics below!

Here is a link that might be useful: Green throats, photography and more

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 10:56PM
More Discussions
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™