Great deal on perennials!

rvird01March 6, 2012

I drove to Lowes on lunch to pick up some more seed for my huge flock of gold finches. Of course, I had to go through the nursery entrance :) Boy am I glad I did! They had several large racks full of their 1 gallon size Garden Club Select perennials that are normally $6 on clearance for $2. They are very healthy plants, lots of flowers and buds. Best part is that they are Spring and Summer bloomers. Not sure why they were on clearance. I bought 20 plants: delphiniums, African daisies, purple rose alstroemeria and Marguerite daisy. I was like a kid in a candy store. Oh, I also bought the birdseed. Hee Hee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Woo-hoo! High five! That's a good haul. :)

Carol

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 8:12AM
mboston_gw

I bought two of the Daisies last Sat. for $2.50 at our Lowe's and planted this Monday. They were very root bound but still had lots of buds on them and were in good shape.
Sometimes I think they force them to bloom and once the flowers fail, they just want to get rid of them.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 1:53PM
rvird01

Thanks, I thought so too Carol :)

mboston, I can't get mine in the ground until Friday since it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home, I can't wait to play in the dirt/sand! I think you're right, I think that a lot of customers are only interested in the blooming ones, and don't think about reblooming after cutting back or returning next year. I'll take a chance on clearance plants every time :)

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
looking for more info on this tree
I was given a pod off a "Giant Star Potato",...
master_gardner_nick
Thinking of planting azaleas
So I went for it and ripped out the ugly bushes in...
Debo214
New houzz look
Can't get used to this yet. Or like it. That soft...
irma_stpete_9b
I'm in NJ, my plants are in Florida..
...should I call my friend who's using my house right...
maja127
Tomato varieties good from now to early summer?
I am in zone 10A or B—can't quite make out where...
pattybee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™