Smelly Soil? AHHH!

cocheva007March 29, 2007

Well, I just got a plant that I was told was a fuschia (although to be honest after looking at the pics on this forum, I think I may have been told wrong. The colors are just as brilliant, but the flower isn't quite so...bulby...), and I know now, after reading posts from others, that I definitely over watered it. I've been letting it sit for a few days, but the soil is still really moist, and now it smells quite sour. Is there anything I can or should do about that? I love flowers, but I've never been good at keeping them. I've kept this one for about a month now and I'd like to keep it longer. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm naming it today, by the way ;-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Try slipping it out of the pot, are the roots white or brown, if they're all brown it might be to late to save it, if not try just misting the foliage until the soil dries slightly. If your plant makes it this far, repot in new potting mix suitable for Fuchsias, that is providing it is a Fuchsia. A photo would help with identification?

A......

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
Healthy fuchsia has buds with small lesions/insect bites
Fuchsia type: euro princess, winston churchill Area:...
hayla
My fuchsia won't go dormant this year
In past years I wrote to the forum to say all the leaves...
tropical_thought
What'd I do wrong?
Sort of new to fuchsias here - been working on it....
VWbrownthumb
fuchsia gall mites - problem solved
I hope I'm neither redundant with this information...
jim_wood
Sources for Species Fuchsias in the US?
Hi there! This is my first post here in the Fuchsia...
ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™