Buds have green spots

neodrakaMay 26, 2006

Hi forum, I've been reading posts on here for a while, because a couple of months ago I bought a blooming Fuchsia (my first) and became facinated with it. As soon as I got it home I transplanted it into a pot just slightly bigger (maybe 1.5 inches more in diameter), watered it with a very dilute mixture of Miracle-Gro (15-30-15 with Micronutrients). I figured since most forums about fuchsia said to use a low middle number fertilizer, that it couldn't hurt for the time being to use a very dilute mixture.. I usually like to feed with every watering a very weak mixture anyway. The plant gets some morning sun until about 1 pm when I bring it inside and put it in a western-facing window. Then it gets about 5 hours of filtered afternoon sun. Recently some of the larger buds have formed these green discolored spots on them. I sprayed with an insecticide, but I'm unsure to a further course of action. It has been around 29-30 degrees Celcius for about a week when it's outside but it comes inside for the heat of the day and sits with my other plants in the filtered sun. Is the problem because of the heat (It seemed to be doing better when highs were in the 25C range), or is it because I'm moving it from hot and moist to air-conditioned and dry (I have a humidifier in the room it goes into but lol it's still dry in there unless the air's off), or is the problem because of the 15-30-15 dilute mixture I water the plant with? Thanks, Chris

More Discussions
My fuchsia won't go dormant this year
In past years I wrote to the forum to say all the leaves...
tropical_thought
New to forums
Hello from the PNW. Looking forward to learning and...
minifuchsia
Hardiness of heat-tolerant fuchsia?
Someone gave me a lovely fuchsia that bloomed very...
vmr423
Dark Eyes versus Dollar Princess
I have an unknown fuchsia cutting that recently had...
dennis253
Can fuschia's survive Texas?
Howdy all, I love, love, LOVE fuschias. And they just...
rockyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™