North FL source for fragrant plants

maryinnga(7b)April 5, 2014

Hello! As GW is my first source for many topics, I'm reaching out to the FL forum for some local info.
(Posting this in Brugmansia as well.)
I'll be in northern Florida in the next couple of weeks and would like to buy fragrant plants which are hard to find in north GA. I am thinking of a couple of jasmines and brunfelsia. Also plumeria and brugmansia.
I welcome your suggestions and ideas. Are there any local growers or booths at flea markets with nice, healthy plants? I'll be around Gainesville, Homosassa, and Tallahassee and appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scents_from_heaven(z9b Orlando FL)

This is the oldest nursery in Tallahassee and always had lots of fragrant flowers and such when I lived there. The last trip home from own here in Orlando made me so homesick. I do not know if they carry the more exotic tropical flowers but it is worth a visit just to view the nursery. Esposito's is another great garden center and they specialize in some plants that the other nursery does not carry. Their website is http:\\espositogardencenter.com

If you don;t mind me asking where in north Georgia do you live. I was born in Winder but my relatives are located in the Ausuta area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tallahassee Nursery

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
Shrub border.
Hi any suggestions for a shrub next to a fence between...
garyfla_gw
Weather permitting?
Has Clearwater/St Pete weather warmed enought to set...
Lydie
Why Doesn't My Sapodilla Ripen?
For the past 3 years my sapodilla tree has had an ever...
billbrandi
What is your best/favorite ground cover?
I need ground cover ideas. I love to fill in places...
aroidgardener
So, What Do YOU Do About Coons And Possums?
I just sent three of them to that big veggie garden...
brute
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™