help with my dieing fuschia

cathyawood67June 3, 2008

Hi,My fuschia is dieing IÂm pretty sure itÂs due to over watering it. I normally water it in the evening, but will definitely switch to morning. How much water is a good rule of thumb? Also IÂm mainly concerned with how I can save it? How much and what parts do I cut down? IÂm a newbie to all of this!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davew

hi i dont know what sort of fuchsia you have i would think its a bush as a hanging plant would drain on its own i would take the plant out of its pot let it drain so some air can get to the roots let it dry out for a couplr of days if the stem has gone black it could well be dead if you run you finger nail down the stem and its green it will be ok i would surgest a light prune to start new growth at the base of the plant as for watering in the future when the top of the pot is dry give ot a drink but dont leave the pot standing in water as fuchsias dont like wet feet i dont know what part of the usa you are in if its realy hot a would sray the plant in the morning and water at the end of the day when it cools down and feed the plant once aweek with a good food ie chem pak or tomato feed will do the trick hope this helps

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 7:39AM
jayne_08

Is Miracle Grow a good fertilizer to use for fuchsias?

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 12:13PM
davew

hi jayne08 miricle grow is a good food for fuchsias i use it at half strenth other wise you will have a lot of leaf growth and the flowers will be small as the plants strenth is in the leaves iwould use it at half strenth every time you water

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 2:17PM
jayne_08

Thank you Dave

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 12:41PM
sarahc64

i purchased a fuschia and all of the leaves have fallen off, i don't know what to do, please someone help. I don't want to throw it out, in hopes that i can possibly bring it back to life. I watered it, but maybe too much.

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Fuchsia dropping a lot of leaves suddenly
Hello all, I bought a lovely Gartenmeister Fuchsia...
daffodilian
Fuchsia excorticata
Can anyoone comment on the hardiness range of this...
hummymummy
New to Fuchsia, do you need to fertilize to continue blooms?
I read some articles that you need to fertilize fuchsias...
cyh527
Hardiness of heat-tolerant fuchsia?
Someone gave me a lovely fuchsia that bloomed very...
vmr423
Looking for a fuchsia "hat"
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and am going to...
Deano62
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™