please someone help me

matthookJune 12, 2012

i got two fuschia plants from walmart repotted them in hanging baskets.Three weeks later i fertilizied them and now the main shoots are turning brown some of the leaves are dead and none of the buds are blooming. they still have alot of buds on them but they dont open. The temps have been between 60 at night and 90 during the day i have been watering them every three days. i have them facing north so they get the evening sun. i live in missouri not sure whats happening to them. any help would be great!!! thanks ahead of time

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mytime(3/4 Alaska)

Our temps are no where near that warm, and I have to water my fuschia baskets every 2-3 days. Are the fuschias wilting? Fuschia like cool weather. A few leaves dying is no big deal. The main shoots turning brown (but not limp) might be the older stems getting woody, which is a good thing...that's what survives past the first year. Buds not opening could have several reasons...not enough water, or watering inconsistently, too much heat, possibly too much fertilizer (or other chemicals)at one time, insects, fungi, bacteria...the list goes on and on. Could you post a picture? It might be possible that they aren't getting enough light, too. We have more daylight than you, and if I put my plants on the north side of the house, I have to move them back to the west side after a while to get them to keep blooming.

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 2:23AM
More Discussions
New to Fuchsia, do you need to fertilize to continue blooms?
I read some articles that you need to fertilize fuchsias...
cyh527
What'd I do wrong?
Sort of new to fuchsias here - been working on it....
VWbrownthumb
My fuchsia won't go dormant this year
In past years I wrote to the forum to say all the leaves...
tropical_thought
Insects damaging fuchsia
Hey everyone, So I have a Fuchsia plant that shares...
jasper
Fuchsia excorticata
Can anyoone comment on the hardiness range of this...
hummymummy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™