Some Seedlings from the past few days

shive(6b TN)June 5, 2012

Here's a seedling that I got very excited about over the weekend. It's a large 7.5-inch seedling with a white bubbly edge and some teeth. It's been cool here, so I can't wait to see if the teeth get bigger and increase when the heat is on again. It's NOT an early morning opener, and I ripped a petal trying to get it open.

Trimmer seedling "Laughing Hyena" X Back Scratcher

Here it is from the other angle where you can see the teeth better.

By request, here's another photo of Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction.

This is the sib to the Precious Candy X Twilight Illusion seedling that I've posted several times. The blooms are much larger than its round sister - in the 6-6.5 range.

Precious Candy X Twilight Illusion #2 ffo

Here's the same seedling yesterday. I don't know if the lighter edges are weather related or something that will continue.

Here's the early blooming sib, PC X TI #1, showing some white teeth on the edge today.

HERO WORSHIP X Unknown - The color is unique - a stippled bronze rose - and it has perfect round form.

Watchyl Lady Butterfly x Eyes A Blue - What I like about this one is its size - 7.5-8 inches

Black Plush X Starman's Quest

My Darling Clementine X Exotic Candy

Debra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houstmag

Great seedlings I like the first one and the Hero Worship seedling it's very diffirent.
Linda

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 8:12AM
shive(6b TN)

Thanks Linda! It's taken me awhile to decide I like the Hero Worship seedling because of its unusual color and stippling.

Debra

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 8:56AM
anniegolden(z7a)

Your stippled seedling is so unusual, both for the stippling and the color. The 2 pictures of the Precious Candy seedling don't even look like the same flower! The color on the 2FO is very pretty.
Christine

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 9:07AM
Nancy zone 6

I really like that first one, the color is pretty, and I love that lighter midribbing. The teeth are a real bonus! All that & a big flower, just a winner I think.

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 10:54AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Beautiful seedlings and I really like that first one like you do. I also like the Watchyl Lady Butterfly x Eyes A Blue one. Really pretty and I like large flowers!

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 11:53AM
shive(6b TN)

Nancy and Rita - I love gigantic blooms as long as they have sturdy scapes, and the seedling in the first two photos has thick, strong scapes. The Watchyl Lady Butterfly seedling has medium sized scapes, but they have held in strong winds. The Awesome Applique x Blazing Saddles that everyone has liked in previous posts has a 7-8 inch bloom, but the scapes bend in storms. That may be what rules it out as an introduction.

Debra

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 4:53PM
remontant(z6B TN)

Love the colors on the Clemetine/Exotic Candy cross, but I still think your Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction is just lovely.

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 9:39PM
gothiclibrarian(5b)

What a beautiful group! You should be proud of them, there is a lot of variety too :D

I hate when a petal rips when you're gently trying to coax it open a bit...I'm still kicking myself that I marred my 1st seedling's 1st bloom last week.

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 7:22AM
Julia NY(6)

Very nice seedlings Debra. Watchyl Lady Butterfly x Eyes A Blue caught my eye. Nice work.

Julia

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 7:49AM
deangreen(7b OK)

great pics! I like that red one teeth or no, and although I don't love midribs, it looks great on flowers like this red for the contrast. what joy it must have been to find it. :)

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 7:57AM
xokientx(z7aOK)

Great seedlings Debra. I know you're a happy camper getting to see all these beautiful kids blooming! Ed

Bookmark   June 8, 2012 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
New Grandson is now One Week old
Last Thursday afternoon, a little after 3 pm , Hunter...
daylilydayzed
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
Spiders in the garden.
I was thinking maybe we could do a post with everyone's...
Billi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™