Southgate

crazyforcorelli(z5 utah)June 16, 2006

Does anyone know if the blossoms of Southgate will turn white (both sepals and corolla) if given too much or too little sun?

I just purchased some unidentified cultivars, and their stems and leaves look very much like Southgate. However, the blossoms are pretty darn white, though the underside of the sepals has a light pink blush and thereÂs some cotton-candy pink veining at the top of the corolla. (The blossoms actually have coloration similar to Katrina Thompson, though they are larger.)

-Crazy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zzepherdogg(7)

I have had a couple of these and its never done that for me, its always had some pink. usually a nice soft pink, but pink none the less. I got one last year that sounds like the coloring you describe and I knew it wasnt what I thought I was geting, (sopisticated lady) still dont know what it was, pink lena or marie eleen maybe. any how, Ive had my southgates in sun, shade, mix and its allways looked about the same.seems like this has some green tips on the sepals like machu pichu. seems like southgate is real round, ball sjaped too. Good luck identifying what ever it is... Maybe it will be something realy special that just got miss labled? :)

Bookmark   June 17, 2006 at 1:33AM
More Discussions
Hardiness of heat-tolerant fuchsia?
Someone gave me a lovely fuchsia that bloomed very...
vmr423
Looking for a fuchsia "hat"
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and am going to...
Deano62
Sources for Species Fuchsias in the US?
Hi there! This is my first post here in the Fuchsia...
ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
Insects damaging fuchsia
Hey everyone, So I have a Fuchsia plant that shares...
jasper
Yellowing leaves with odd pattern
I purchased a Fuchsia from Lowe's a month or so ago....
steedal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™