Variegated Fuchsias?

mark4321_gwJune 21, 2012

I was curious if anyone grows variegated Fuchsias and has pictures to post.

I'm also looking for one, the variegated Fuchsia procumbens, sometimes called 'Mary Miller'. Since there's no exchange forum, I guess I need to mention it here.

I just bought my first variegated Fuchsia today: Fuchsia 'Firecracker' (F. triphylla) at Roger Reynold's Nursery in Menlo Park, CA. It was $5. I was really impressed with the variegation of this variety.

A view from the side, so you can see the coloration on the underside of the leaves:

I do have Fuchsia procumbens, which is small and new, but opened a flower today:

I give a link below to a picture of the variegated F. procumbens, which I would be interested in trading for. I have a few other Fuchsias (F. denticulata, F. boliviana Alba, F. procumbens, F. bacillaris F. 'First Success') as well as a number of other plants.

I also want to again mention that I have a F. boliviana Alba that is producing lots of berries. I can send a berry (or maybe two) for postage. Each has a couple hundred seeds, I think.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mark4321_gw

I just wanted to mention that I picked up Fuchsia procumbens variegata from Earthworks, for $3.25. I was very happy with the plant and with the fact they charge so little for shipping.

I ordered it along with 'Orange Queen' and the total bill was only $12.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fuchsia procumbens at Earthworks

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 2:15AM
More Discussions
Angel's Earrings in the heat- Check it out
Planted a Cascading Angel's Earrings last year and...
fairfield8619
Can fuschia's survive Texas?
Howdy all, I love, love, LOVE fuschias. And they just...
rockyn
Help with IDing yellow leaf brown spot problem?
Hi, I'm having problems with my Fuchsia standards....
raehelen
Sources for Species Fuchsias in the US?
Hi there! This is my first post here in the Fuchsia...
ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
What'd I do wrong?
Sort of new to fuchsias here - been working on it....
VWbrownthumb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™