Angel's Earrings in the heat- Check it out

fairfield8619(Zone 8 NW LA)July 13, 2014

Planted a Cascading Angel's Earrings last year and it sort of got crowded out and did not do much, I thought it had died. We had a low of 16F and two days below freezing and they came back and are doing exceptionally well. More than the cold I am still amazed at the heat tolerance, I'm in NW La not too far from the TX border, so it is hot hot hot in the 90's(97F today) and the humidity is unreal of course. Hot all night too. I just ordered five of the other new selections since this has done so well, they're small so they won't get planted out until next year and I can't wait. Why did they didn't come up with this sooner I wonder? The only one they did not have is the double red, I'll have to order it another time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ifraser25(z11 Brazil)

Judging from your photo I would say you have got it just about right. Keep them in shade and always watered and you will not have any long-term problems. If you are worried about cold - you really shouldn't be in LA - mulch them with leaf litter/ mold in the late fall. Good luck. Ian.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 10:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fairfield8619(Zone 8 NW LA)

Thanks Ian, I do have to worry a bit about cold, especially for these fuchsias, LA is Louisiana and not Los Angeles.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
New to caring for Hardy Fuchsia plants...
I have recently bought a hardy fuchsia plant. I'm a...
EllisRuby
Help with IDing yellow leaf brown spot problem?
Hi, I'm having problems with my Fuchsia standards....
raehelen
teeny tiny fuschia
I just bought these gorgeous, hardy, little fuschia...
MzMolly65
Fuchsia excorticata
Can anyoone comment on the hardiness range of this...
hummymummy
Can fuschia's survive Texas?
Howdy all, I love, love, LOVE fuschias. And they just...
rockyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™