ID please!

Catlet(Ireland (Louth))July 27, 2004

any clues as to what this is, anyone? i'm trying to find out if it'd survive in my garden, i think it's lovely:

thanks!

caitriona

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fuchsiabonsailady(z8 UK)

Hi Caitriona,
It looks like Annabel, does it grow a bit lax compared to a stiff upright grower? It is not officialy hardy but I know many people who have grown it in the garden and it has survived the winter in my area zone 8. You are zone 9 so it should be OK. If you plan to leave it in the garden, always take a couple of cuttings to overwinter should it not survive - Kath :)

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 6:21PM
LePhare(Cornwall.UK)

Lovely picture Caitriona. Is it posted from a website or an on-line photo album?
IanS

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 6:51PM
Catlet(Ireland (Louth))

Thanks for that, Kath. To be honest it's hard to tell what it's like, it's been hiding under an enormous shrub in my parents' garden for years. It doesn't get pruned regularly and when it does it's generally at the wrong time of year and it gets a bit mangled (my parents aren't enthusiastic gardeners!) so it's a bit of a mess at the moment.
Ian, I stuck the photo in some free webspace I got with my email account, it's not a photo album as such, I haven't bothered setting one of those up yet. I might sort something out this afternoon, it'll fill in the time till i can go home to my garden : )

Bookmark   July 28, 2004 at 7:42AM
LePhare(Cornwall.UK)

Thanks for your reply. I'm dithering about which way to go. Website, photo album, or what? It would have to be simple....... as I am a simple person!!
IanS.

Bookmark   July 28, 2004 at 7:05PM
Catlet(Ireland (Louth))

Ian,
From what I've seen albums can be handy; you can just upload the pictures and not worry about code. The one I looked at yesterday offers an option to make particular collections of photos available for general viewing, so you can link to a set of garden photos, say, without making your family photos available to everyone. I think that's a great idea.
I think I'll probably build a website instead though, as I'm a programmer so wouldn't have a problem with coding. That way you get far more control over things like adding text and grouping pictures, plus you get to make it look pretty : )

Bookmark   July 29, 2004 at 4:53AM
LePhare(Cornwall.UK)

Hi Caitriona,
Thanks for the information and your views, it's appreciated. I've had some software for about 12 months, it's time and courage that are lacking! I think it will have to be a Winter project.
Best Wishes,
IanS.

Bookmark   July 29, 2004 at 7:02PM
More Discussions
name this fuchsia
The fuchsia is an upright lax growth,with large single...
blushofdawn
Sources for Species Fuchsias in the US?
Hi there! This is my first post here in the Fuchsia...
ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
Fuchsia dropping a lot of leaves suddenly
Hello all, I bought a lovely Gartenmeister Fuchsia...
daffodilian
New to Fuchsia, do you need to fertilize to continue blooms?
I read some articles that you need to fertilize fuchsias...
cyh527
New to forums
Hello from the PNW. Looking forward to learning and...
minifuchsia
Sponsored Products
Campania International Dragonfly Cast Stone Bird Bath Small - B-149-AL
$104.99 | Hayneedle
Microfiber Navy 42-Inch x 84-Inch Grommet Blackout Window Curtain Panel
$19.95 | Bellacor
Bella Arm Chair
| Italy Design
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Illumine 52 in. Oil Rubbed Bronze Non Lit Ceiling Fan CLI-C
Home Depot
Gym Flooring: Groovy Mats Flooring Grey Speck 3/8 in. Rubber Comfortable Mats
$4.97 | Home Depot
Courtyard Model CY2098-3901 Sand/Black Rectangular: 5 ft. 3 in. x 7 ft. 7 in. Ru
$104.95 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™