Sunniland nematode treatment

derbykaApril 18, 2014

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? I bought some a week ago from a local nursery and had never heard of it before. It contains seasame oil and humid.acid...I feel like I notice a difference already, especially in younger plants but I did fertilized the same time so it's hard to tell. When I searched, there was an old post or two but not much feedback.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
starryrider(9)

the reality is nothing much works very well that is available to the homeowner

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 11:09AM
sun_worshiper(FL 9b)

I've been using it on my herb/veggie garden for about 3 years, and I've had a significant reduction in nematode damage to plants such as carrots. So seems to help, but is not a cure.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 7:45PM
derbyka

As with everybody, my main problem is tomatoes, but everything as well. Not expecting it to be a cure-all but hoping it can add to the arsenal to nurse everything along and maybe add to the soil in general since it encourages microbes.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 10:52PM
whgille(FL 9b)

Hi Derbika

The sunniland product for nematodes was recommend by Lukas nursery to be used on ornamentals like the butterfly bush, they told me that before planting they treat the area.
For the tomatoes, the best bet is fresh soil. The community garden was having problems with the nematodes till the last season that I recommended them that they should try them in pots inside the raised bed with always new soil, they liked the results.

Silvia

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 7:35AM
More Discussions
id for pretty plant
Can someone ID this plant? I got it years ago from...
linda_leaf z10fla
Staghorn cutting
A friend gave me a piece of her staghorn. How do I...
drich30099
looking for more info on this tree
I was given a pod off a "Giant Star Potato",...
master_gardner_nick
A mystery plant... Any ideas?
Rescued this plant from a friends house. It's in pretty...
soleil_blume_hooke
bought a green shell ginger--will I be sorry?
I rescued a green Alpinia zerumbet (not the variegated...
marcia_m
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™