Mysterious bug/fungus? Half-dead fuchsia

fuschia_noviceJuly 3, 2011

Hi, This is my first plant, so I'm pretty clueless about what's happening. There are small fuzzy green dots spreading across the whole plant. A friend said it sounds like bugs but I have never seen them move and don't see any legs. About half the plant looks dead (flowers dropped off, leaves wilting) and getting worse by the day. I just sprayed it with safer soap. Should I clean up the dead flowers and leaves from the pot or cut off the dying stems and leaves?

Other details: It's in a pot indoors with a west-facing window (no other options). I've had it about 6 weeks. Initially over fertilized with miracle-gro, then under-watered, then possibly over-watered. Like I said, my first plant so I don't know what I'm doing!

I hope this isn't a repeat; I searched the FAQ and forums and didn't find anything. I really appreciate any tips! The fuchsia is a gift from my girlfriend so I want to keep it alive.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Spongey600

can you post pictures od said "fuzzy green dots" they might be aphids. are they o nthe bottoms of the leaves?

Eric

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 1:39PM
More Discussions
Yellowing leaves with odd pattern
I purchased a Fuchsia from Lowe's a month or so ago....
steedal
My fuchsia won't go dormant this year
In past years I wrote to the forum to say all the leaves...
tropical_thought
first year fuchsia cuttings
I just bought from Jeffs garden center, who is having...
Debgon
New to forums
Hello from the PNW. Looking forward to learning and...
minifuchsia
New to Fuchsia, do you need to fertilize to continue blooms?
I read some articles that you need to fertilize fuchsias...
cyh527
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™