Looking for hardwood cuttings of Fuchsia in UK

eddie_in_thailandOctober 28, 2009

Hi All,

I am living in Thailand and on 7 December 2009 my mother will be travelling from the UK to visit me. I am interested to start growing Fuchsias here, so I am trying to contact someone who has a nice collection in the UK and would be willing to send some hardwood cuttings (with leaves removed) to my mother so that she can carry them to me. I am interested in just a few cuttings per variety but would like a range of different varieties (upright, trailing, single, double, different colours, small flowers, big flowers, etc). Ideally each variety should be named/labeled. I will be happy to pay for the cuttings and cost of delivery to my mother. I have contacted several commercial nurseries but they only supply rooted cuttings and only supply in the summer.

I hope someone can help me - if so, please send me an email.

Best regards,

Eddie.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coralred(Tropical)

Just curious, what is the day and night temperatures over there in Thailand?

Bookmark   November 1, 2009 at 9:10AM
eddie_in_thailand

I will be growing the plants at an altitude of 1,200 meters (annual average around min 15C max 25C).

Bookmark   November 2, 2009 at 4:01AM
ifraser25(z11 Brazil)

When I lived in England I got all my fuschias from Kathleen Muncaster of 18 Field Lane, Morton nr Gainsborough. I think she is retired now, but she is an immensely obliging person and if anyone can help I'm sure she can. She sometimes posts on this site "Fuschia-Lady". Her phone number is 01427 612329. I'm curious to know how you will keep unrooted cuttings alive on the trip to Thailand.

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
Unknown fuchsia
Small flowers, less than 1 and a half inches across....
pearlbegonia
What'd I do wrong?
Sort of new to fuchsias here - been working on it....
VWbrownthumb
My fuchsia won't go dormant this year
In past years I wrote to the forum to say all the leaves...
tropical_thought
Help with IDing yellow leaf brown spot problem?
Hi, I'm having problems with my Fuchsia standards....
raehelen
Please help id
Hoping someone can help me id my fuchsia. Thanks everyone......
plumejunkie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™