HAVE: Jerusalem Artichoke

WestEnder(z7 Atlanta GA)January 5, 2007

I harvested lots and lots of Jerusalem Artichoke roots from the old community garden I just left. I'm guessing a hundred pounds or more. You may think I'm exaggerating, but I swear I'm not. I gave one 40-pound bag to my boss's wife, and a lot more to a couple of friends. But I still have plenty that I'd love to share, especially with anyone who has never tasted it before and would like to try it. It's fresh, it's organic, and from what I've read it's nutritious. We ate it sliced raw on a salad at Thanksgiving, and I thought it was tasty. My boss's wife has been chopping it and adding it to her beans n'greens in the last 20 minutes or so of cooking time and says it adds a nice spicy flavor. Another friend has roasted them and eaten them that way.

If you go to our new community garden website, http://rosecirclecommunitygarden.wikispaces.com/Recipes, you can find some information and recipes for Jerusalem artichoke under the "Recipes and Food Info" tab. As a bonus, you can also read about our new community garden in the West End of Atlanta!

Email me if you'd like to have some of these unusual vegetables. Come by the garden to visit us. If I can't get rid of (Oops, I mean SHARE them before the spring trade, I'll be bringing some with me then, too.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Circle Community Garden Website

More Discussions
WANTED: Dwarf Cannas
Looking for dwarf cannas. Contact crosbyphylis@yahoo.com...
phyllis8483
WANTED: Bush Allamanda/Golden trumpet
Hi, I am hoping someone has a few of these seeds they...
margarita10
have: need a good home for some climbing roses in atl
I have some roses that need a good home, preferably...
Marcy72
HAVE: Chinese Iris and other Iris
Have Chinese Iris and other Iris for someone to come...
flower_lover_ga
HAVE: Forsythias (and more)- come and get them... too many
I have too many forsythias... they are free. Come and...
vnginger
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™