More peeks during peak..

flootaJune 21, 2012

The above is the title of my latest blog post. For some reason, lots of pictures of spiders and UFs found their way into the blog, but there are some full forms too.

Hope you have time to look!

Here is a link that might be useful: More peeks during peak..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

And beauties they are too!
kay

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 1:09AM
Edward_Kimball

I don't know how the rest of the continent can deal with peak bloom so early. What do you do with the rest of your summer? I have three more weeks of peonies and irises before my daylilies start.

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 9:57AM
lynxe

"I don't know how the rest of the continent can deal with peak bloom so early. What do you do with the rest of your summer?"

Grow hostas, of course. Sheesh. ;)

floota, gorgeous as usual. I knew I should have ordered QUILLER! That look's one of my current favorites. In fact, I'm really loving all reds this year, like last year. Add in a pale or chalky eye, and what's better than that?

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 10:16AM
houstmag

Absolutely stunning !!!!!!
Linda

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 10:53AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Your blog is a work of art!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 12:01PM
floota

Thanks for visiting, everyone. I'm quite far behind with pictures so hopefully more will be forthcoming.Hope you can check back periodically!

Edward, peak bloom is two weeks ahead of normal this year. I'm seeing more rebloom scapes than normal and some of the late bloomers haven't even put up scapes yet. But the truth is, here in the South, in the latter part of July-August, it is usually so miserable with high temps and 100% humidity that there is little desire to spend much time working outside then! Once blooms decline to a trickle, I usually go outside a little bit early AM and late PM but don't do much heavy duty work ( like now)in the garden at that time of year.
Of course, one can always travel north to see their bloom seasons as yours wanes. I'm looking forward to the National in Mid-July and the Region 9 meeting the week after that!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 12:21PM
mantis__oh

I especially found the Clement cultivars interesting. Thanks for posting.

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 3:21PM
gothiclibrarian(5b)

Floota, Crystalline Entity and Miss Piggy are just fabulous! Wonderful images though, all of them, thanks for sharing!

Edward: Everything in my garden is still about 3 weeks early. *Technically* USDA moved me to 6A this winter, but I'm still saying 5B so in my head at least I'm the same as you.

It's been soooooo dry too...we're still in moderate drought in Indianapolis, I'm sure that's hurrying things along as well.

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 3:34PM
nat4b(4)

Love your blog and thanks for posting two of my very-very favorites, Mount Ararat and Rose F.Kennedy. They are still the two most beautiful blooms in the world for me since I saw them last year in your threads!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 5:29PM
floota

Another post was added today about bloom machines. Lots of pictures. Hope you get a chance to look!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bloom machines!

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 4:53PM
organic_kitten(8)

If you haven't looked at Floota's blog addition yet, by all means do so. Gorgeous clumps and blooms.
kay

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Voles have started....again!
Have found the first vole tunnel in a while...in the...
organic_kitten
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
Marvelous "M" daylilies, let's see them!
It's time for the M daylilies and I actually have a...
sherrygirl zone5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™