Lottie Hobbie to bloom indoors!

mkjones(z8)December 14, 2004

I'm absolutely beside myself w/joy! =) Had this itty-bitty fuchsia outdoors for the latter end of the summer, in a little shallow bonsai pot. Lots of leaves...good shape. Brought her in, with trepidation, when the cool weather set in, afraid that she'd take a turn for the worse with the change.

Instead? She's maintained herself for weeks, and this morning, I found lots of little buds!

YAY! Kathleen in TX

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fuchsiabonsailady(z8 UK)

Hi Kathleen,
Yes, when you brought her inside of course conditions were different to outside and that's why she probably lost a lot of leaves etc.

It would do her good to give her a LIGHT trim, yes a very light trim all over, this can be done with a pair of scissors.

Try to keep her in the coolist room possible, with lots of daylight. Keep just moist, don't overwater. - Kath:)

Bookmark   December 17, 2004 at 9:50AM
mkjones(z8)

She's bloomed these lovely, darling little blooms, with more to come--I'm so thrilled. Beautiful with a capital "B!"

One downside note, however, she's also dropping leaves, with some of the branches drying & shrivelling up altogether! What is it??! I did prune lightly, as you suggested, Kath, and took off all of the dead growth.

What should I do?
Kathleen in TX =(

Bookmark   January 2, 2005 at 5:46PM
fuchsiabonsailady(z8 UK)

The encliandra types are inclined to do this at this time of year Kathleen, especially dying back for a couple of inches at the end of the stems. Trim those dying pieces off and usually you will find new shoots appearing again after a few weeks. Kath :)

Bookmark   January 2, 2005 at 6:42PM
More Discussions
name this fuchsia
The fuchsia is an upright lax growth,with large single...
blushofdawn
I don't think so ...
The green house I bought this fuchsia from labeled...
MzMolly65
My fuchsia won't go dormant this year
In past years I wrote to the forum to say all the leaves...
tropical_thought
Angel's Earrings in the heat- Check it out
Planted a Cascading Angel's Earrings last year and...
fairfield8619
Insects damaging fuchsia
Hey everyone, So I have a Fuchsia plant that shares...
jasper
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™