Panama Rose indoors, special care?

Ren_FlowersMarch 26, 2012

I was searching old posts and I read someone mentioned having Rondeletia splendens in the bedroom. I'm extremely interested, but there isn't very much information published online. I'm wondering if it needs much special care such as a cold spell to induce bud growth, or maybe it's shy to flower? I don't own one yet.

Here is basic plant information for those who are interested.

I've heard you can get them from Logee's but I don't see any right now. Kartuz has a plant called Rondeletia leucophylla, but I have no idea how different they are.

Anyway, any advice and shared experience is much appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
musaboru(Inland Calif.)

In my experience, they aren't finicky at all. I have them growing in my bedroom too under florescent lighting. And it bloomed recently even though the temperature inside is constantly changing between 45F~80F throughout the winter here.

Just keep them well watered. I nearly had the buds all drop because I forgot to water and the buds started drooping due to overly dry soil. Half of the flower buds fell off, but after watering again they stood back up and opened a week later. This could have been easily avoided by not letting the soil go totally dry.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Randia ruiziana (Angel of the Night) flower bud?
I don't know but I sure hope so! I've been noticing...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
Ixora odorata
Hello, does anyone have this on the mainland U.S.A.?...
donnagoetz
My Gardenia is dying because of spider mites,what to do?
Gardenia dying off below pic Ok to start with this...
Marwa Mars
I'm looking for Aglaia odorata or Chloranthus spicatus.
Hi, I live in Poland and I'm looking for Aglaia odorata...
8hydroxyquinoline
Plumeria stenopetala
So I've been resisting ordering a plant for days now...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™