HAVE: Nearly Wild Roses

Kathy BochonkoMarch 20, 2006

I just dug up some nearly wild roses and will pitch them unless anyone wants them. I probably have about 8 small bushes. I could bring them to the trade, or you could come get them(I am just off hwy 400 exit 13.) I will not waste the potting soil to pot them up if no one is interested. I got tired of the blackspot, they may be fine in a backyard but I don't have a sunny enough spot where I would want to deal with the black spot right now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
erin07(z7 GA)

i would be interested in them if u are just giving them away!

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 8:11PM
Kathy Bochonko

Just thought I would mention that these are gone.

Bookmark   March 27, 2006 at 8:23PM
hilary007(8 GA)

What is a nearly wild rose? I travel on county roads and have seen wild growing roses that cascade. But then I am sure someone planted them. I am interested in just knowing what they are, look like etc.?? I am new to zone 8 but notice the flora here is really diverse. I love the wisteria, honeysuckle, lantana and others I have encountered. Of course there is no way to tell if squirrels had a hand in this.

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 10:13AM
Kathy Bochonko

The variety I am referring to is the actual name of the rose, As far as I know they do not grow wild. There are some roses that do become invasive here and Wisteria and Honeysuckle are huge problems so don't let their beauty fool you, the varieties you choose need to be carefully chosen. Japanese Honeysuckle is horribly invasive and between that and the privets that are growing wild everywhere much of our Native plants don't stand a chance. Lantana is not a problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nearly Wild Rose info

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
wanted: wanted: clematis ochroleuca "curlyheads"
I can't seem to find it at local nurseries, and the...
tking20
WANTED: Looking for almond verbena
I am looking for an almond verbena cutting or plant. I...
grape
HAVE: Ditch/Tiger Lilies
I've got a TON of single and double lilies to split....
fussoverthis
HAVE: tall red and yellow canna lilies
I have about 100 that need new homes. I don't really...
bmmalone
wanted: ornamental japanese maple
Do you have one or two for trade? (I need it asap though...
vnginger
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™