HAVE: Althea seedlings, some crape myrtle seedlings, two small a

turkeytaker(Atlanta)July 31, 2007

I have two or three small crape myrtle seedlings, and tons of rose of sharon (most likely lavendar) seedlings. These are all volunteers and they're everywhere.

I also have two small azaleas. I know one is pink. They're recovering from some direct hits of roundup last year, but they're in an area where there is way too much light.

I am really bad at digging plants out and having them survive, so anyone who wants to come dig these is welcome to as many as they want. Please let me know if you're interested.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilary007(8 GA)

Hi, what color are the Crape Myrtle seedlings? Can you dig them up? What do you want to trade?

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 5:11AM
turkeytaker(Atlanta)

The crape myrtles are probably red or white -- those are the only two colors in the yard and neighboring yards.

I could dig them up, but they're likelihood of survival is far from guaranteed, if I do.

I'm not asking anything for trade if you come dig them up, and I currently have too much yard cleanup (a 30' pile of branches and limbs) to do to take on any more plants.

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 7:06PM
hilary007(8 GA)

thanks for the response. I visit so infrequently I forget how to find my posts for answers!

I don't live near enough. If the crape myrtle is small, the tap root should be as long and easy to find. It is up to you, I ship in wet papertowel in a zip lock bag with great success.

Do you get to burn in your area? I have an arena full of broken limbs and pinecones I can't wait to set ablaze.!!

I also seem to have good luck with our trash men taking things if you bundle it small enough and do a little a week.

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 10:55AM
turkeytaker(Atlanta)

I hate killing things that I know someone else can dig up and save. I can see about nagging someone to dig them up for me, and I'll let you know when that happens.

We get to burn, but we can only burn small areas...really small. When smog season is over, it'll be a pyromaniac's pleasure. We've got a chipper but it doesn't take more than 4" diameter branches, so the big pieces pile up.

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 2:33PM
More Discussions
wanted: boxwoods/wax myrtles/red jap maple - metro atl
Just received a very ambitious landscape plan for our...
jondiggity
HAVE: Have: Tropicana Canna and balloon flower
I have tropicana canna I just dug out and is at the...
Tricia
HAVE: Black running bamboo
I am going to dig up some of the runners. If you'd...
fussoverthis
WANTED: Looking for almond verbena
I am looking for an almond verbena cutting or plant. I...
grape
HAVE: Toad Lilies
Tons of toad lilies to split. EAV area I'm not looking...
fussoverthis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™