Piney Woods (Texas) Plant Party

Pam123(East Texas)February 2, 2004

Plans have been finalized for the First Annual Piney Woods Plant Party. It will be held May 15, 2004 in the Twin Mountains area of the Piney Woods. That would be about ten miles north of Longview. We are only sixty miles west of Shreveport, so hope folks from Louisana will join us too. The fun will begin when the first folks arrive, we will start the swap at 11:00 am, and eat around 12:00 to 12:30. After that we can swap somemore or just talk gardening and get to know each other. Hope you can join us!!! E-mail me for more info.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texas_eyes(Zone 7)

Come one, come all..........lot's of goodies and fun!!

Bookmark   February 11, 2004 at 5:13PM
luvs2plantz8(z8 LA)

i would love to have more info on the plant swap. i live just outside of shreveport and have been winter sowing , so i should have quite a few things to bring perinnials and annuals. this really sounds like fun. mspriss119@aol.com thank you

Bookmark   February 13, 2004 at 4:24PM
Pam123(East Texas)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I live right around the corner from a big gourd farm. Was by the other day and they have them stacked up in piles. They have lots of those wonderful apple gourds, great for birdhouses.

Bookmark   March 10, 2004 at 12:44AM
SunflowerBren(Texas Zone 8)

I would like to come to your Plant Party, I live in Texarkana and I could probably bring several friends with me to also swap. Give me details!!!
I can't wait.

SunflowerBren

Here is a link that might be useful: my garden

Bookmark   March 18, 2004 at 10:49AM
luvs2plantz8(z8 LA)

is the swap still on? haven't heard anything back and i did'nt want the thread to get lost.

Bookmark   April 19, 2004 at 3:09PM
Pam123(East Texas)

We are on, but noticed a small mistake, the date is suppose to be May 16th. Sure hope this doesn't conflict with any schedules. The response has been great, so looking for a good turnout. If you are interested in attending, please e-mail me your snail mail address, I'm fixing a flyer and map to send out. The flyer will include other things going on this week-end for those wanting to make a week-end out of it.

Bookmark   April 25, 2004 at 9:45PM
Pam123(East Texas)

I still need snail mail addresses from a few of you ladies and gentlemen. The flyers and maps are in the envelopes and ready to go.

Bookmark   April 30, 2004 at 6:56AM
Pam123(East Texas)

This Sunday is the big swap !!! Remember, it's not just plants, anything garden related is welcome. Looks like we will have a good turnout, but always room for a few more. So, if you want to come and don't have your map yet, just send me a quick e-mail with that snail mail address and I will get you one in the mail right away. Pam

Bookmark   May 11, 2004 at 7:36AM
texas_eyes(Zone 7)

A grand time was had by all, want to thank our hostess with the mostest, and her wonderful daughter from the bottom of my heart.

"eyes"

Bookmark   May 18, 2004 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
Any teenage gardener who likes gardening read on.
Any teenage gardener on this site do you want to be...
Olwas2013
Deltona Fl Plant Swap this Sunday 6/30
Having a impromptu plant swap this Sunday morning,6/30...
saultic
Central Indiana Plant Swap
Once again we are planning a plant swap for Central...
LisaL_Indy
Central Ohio Plant Swap 2015
Central Ohio Plant Swap 2015 (14th year!) - FREE!! Who:...
kin2mice
garden clubs in Seymour TN
Are there any garden clubs in Seymour or South Knoxville?...
maggieiam
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™