WANTED: Fall Plant Trade

garischa(7 GA)October 29, 2010

I suggest we begin at 11 am, but I am open to a different start time.

Brief description of how the trade works:

Hey Everyone:

We're having the Atlanta Area Gardenweb Plant Trade in Alpharetta, close to GA400 exit 10 (Old Milton) on November 4th.

Everyone registered on GW is invited to attend and of course, bring a family member or friend if you like.

When you post here you will be put on the mailing list for my personal information which I email to you. Please do not share my personal info. with anyone. Please MAKE SURE that your email is unblocked on GW. This means you need to find your member page and change your settings so that an email can be sent OR you need to email me through GW with your email address and please state your GW "name" or handle in your message to me. Thanks! I will email my information only to people who are registered members of GW.

Everyone is invited to bring their extra plants, seeds, rooted cuttings, old garden magazines/books, old tools, etc.

We trade two ways. On this thread we will arrange pre-trades . This means that you will offer plants here and plan to exchange them with an individual here. Then you will get that person's plants together, boxed or bagged and labeled separately and place them in the designated location when you get here.

We also have a "Free for All" trade. You bring in all your plants which aren't designated for a specific person and put them with other plants in categories like "Sun Perennials" or "Fruits, veg". This pretty much goes on until everything is done with.

To effectively trade, you will need to label all your plants with as much info as you can. Botanical Name, (if you don't know ahead of time, just ask on the forum!), "common name", color, height, sun or shade. Annual or perennial. You need to know if your plant is: sun, shade, annual, perennial, edible/herb, shrub etc.

After trading we can share Pot luck if any one is interested.

Note: Previous hosts: hope you don't mind but I 'borrowed' your thread from the spring trade!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vnginger

Darn, I am out of town.

Bookmark   October 29, 2010 at 11:50AM
natalie4b(7b GA)

I have lots of Dendranthema x rubellum Chrysanthemum "Sheffield" Pink - they are blooming now, and multiply abundantly.
I will bring other plants, just need take a tour around the garden and make a list.
Look forward to the exchange - it is always fun and great opportunity to meet other GA garden enthusiasts.
Natalie

Bookmark   October 29, 2010 at 7:52PM
lucyatlanta(Z 7 GA)

I just want to confirm that your intent is to have it on Thursday. I'll post back with what I have to offer. Thx. Lucy

Bookmark   October 31, 2010 at 12:31PM
garischa(7 GA)

Correction to my previous message:
I meant November 6th. Next Saturday.

Uli

Bookmark   October 31, 2010 at 2:09PM
garischa(7 GA)

I have available to trade:
Helleborus
Columbines
Heucheras
Strawberry Begonias
Dianthus
Mahonias
Sedum Autumn Joy
Balloon Flowers

These are in various sizes. I can post photos, if you are interested in something specific.

Looking for:
short sun perennials
ferns
elephant ears (black or purple)

I'll post updates as I get better counts and details of my 'haves.'
Uli

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 11:19AM
garischa(7 GA)

It's probably not worth having the plant trade if we don't have a few more people. Please post here if you are planning to come, even if you don't know what you are bringing yet.

I'll check back in tomorrow, so we can decide whether to meet on Saturday, or postpone till spring.

Thanks.
Uli

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 8:41AM
natalie4b(7b GA)

Uli,
it looks like there is just you and me - maybe it is best to postpone till spring.
~Natalie

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 8:24AM
lucyatlanta(Z 7 GA)

Uli,
Thanks for offering to host. I think there was just not enough time for everyone to pull it together.

I just covered most of my perennials since I hope to
propagate or dig some of them. I may have a fern or two for you and would love to have a Heucheras or Helleborus. Hopefully this is just a temporary cold spell.

If you want to meet please let me know. Thanks. -Linda

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 8:56PM
garischa(7 GA)

Let's plan to have a spring plant trade instead. Just not enough response this time around.

Uli

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 10:11PM
natalie4b(7b GA)

Sounds good. Thank you, Uli, for offering a place for us to meet. Looking forward to Spring trade!
Stay warm everyone -
~Natalie

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Toad Lilies
Tons of toad lilies to split. EAV area I'm not looking...
fussoverthis
HAVE: dusty miller
have 3 dusty miller plants to give away. will trade...
jamazooo
HAVE: tall red and yellow canna lilies
I have about 100 that need new homes. I don't really...
bmmalone
WANTED: Dwarf Cannas
Looking for dwarf cannas. Contact crosbyphylis@yahoo.com...
phyllis8483
HAVE: Forsythias (and more)- come and get them... too many
I have too many forsythias... they are free. Come and...
vnginger
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™