WANTED: trade

lindabeth(z7-7.5)October 6, 2005

My problem....Many of the things I promised to trade look TERRIBLE because of the drought....What do I do?Some have gone dormant early. Advice,please.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
WestEnder(z7 Atlanta GA)

I can't speak for everyone but I would say that a lot of us are in the same predicament, and that if you're pretty sure that it's alive under all those dead leaves, bring it and trade it anyway, because it will come back next spring. After all, it's not like we're paying money for these plants. The whole point is that we're trading for free plants. They don't have to be picture perfect, in my opinion. We all know that most perennials go dormant in the fall or in periods of stress. I think we can deal with it.

I hope you marked them before they went dormant, though!

Bookmark   October 6, 2005 at 5:36PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I, for example can't give you the variegated buttercups this fall as they are dormant. They like moist shade apparently, lol. However, I will make sure you get them in the spring. It happens. Nothing we can control! Just email your people and work it out.

GGG

Bookmark   October 9, 2005 at 7:58PM
vroomp(z7Ga)

My Colocasias all wilted and looked like caca but, now they have all sprouted new leaves and should look great for trade time. Amazing what a little rain does.

Bookmark   October 10, 2005 at 7:48PM
zasha(7b Ga)

It has been such a bad year that my varigated blue lace cap reverted. I have one stalk of non varigated leafness.

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 4:54PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Ditch/Tiger Lilies
I've got a TON of single and double lilies to split....
fussoverthis
HAVE: dusty miller
have 3 dusty miller plants to give away. will trade...
jamazooo
HAVE: Forsythias (and more)- come and get them... too many
I have too many forsythias... they are free. Come and...
vnginger
WANTED: Plant Trade anyone?
I'm curious if anyone has thought about planning a...
lucyatlanta
HAVE: Purple Ruellia
I've got a couple clumps of purple ruellia that do...
fussoverthis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™