Stark County Ohio Plant Swap

polive(z5oh)March 12, 2007

Hello, fellow gardeners in the area we are trying to put together a plant swap in Canton, Ohio for the Saturday before Memorial Day. We have been to local garden club plant sales, but never to a swap. There is two of use trying to organize a swap with no experience. We sure could use some advice. Our church will let us use their 6 acres and pavilion to have the affair if we let them sale hotdogs. This sounds like a good deal to me. Someone suggested that maybe people that do not have plants to swap would like to come and purchase plants. How can that be handled without it turning into a sale?

If someone brings a big nice start, can that be exchanged equally for a single small seedling? I guess what I am asking is how dose a plant swap work. Are the plants sorted by size, value, or type? As you see, we need advice...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
belfastmom

Hi, I am in Summit County and would love to come to your plant swap. Can you send me the details??

Many thanks,
belfastmom
ptomechko@yahoo.com

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 7:10PM
polive(z5oh)

Glad to hear of your interest. We are trying to nail down details. We will be posting more info as we go.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 8:58PM
kellysgarden(5)

hi everyone, i just wanted to let anyone know that swap has changed locations. it will now be at
351 ross rd
waynesburg ohio
also if anyone has any questions please email me at:
kelrobinson@neo.rr.com
i'm sorry to say that pam is no longer part of this swap and i am very sorry that i had to change the location of the swap. i hope that everyone will still come. look forward to seeing you at the swap. kelly

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 8:54PM
polive(z5oh)

There has been no changes . This stands as I posted it. I am Pam. More info can be found as (Plant Swap Canton,Ohio May 26). Please see that posting for follow up.

Simpson United Methodist
4900 Middlebranch Ave NE.
Canton ,Ohio 44705

I would like to thank everyone for their input.
Time 11:00 set - up
1:00 Round Robin Swap to begin

What to do? Please label your plants with name and growing instructions. Place plants in shade out side of the shelter

Who to bring? Friends, children, and spouses
Hot Sandwiches and canned soda will be sold as a Church fundraiser for the use of the facility. Donations can be made if you desire.

Feel free to bring your own coolers and snacks lawn chairs small tables, blankets, Shade tents for your comfort. Pen and paper, markers and tape, bags, boxes to carry your swaps in.
What to bring? Anything garden related you want to swap:
House plants, Garden plants, Bulbs, Sun hats, Gloves, Seeds, Seedling, Flower pots, starting supplies,
Pond supplies and plants
Tools, snippers, clippers, gardening books or magazines
Signs and markers, Bird feeder, Birdbath
potting soil, Steppingstones

This is a free event
We have 2 Ball field,
play area for children
Six Semi shaded acres for you to enjoy.
NO Sales Please. NO Alcohol

We would like general idea how many people to plan for. Please feel free to include what you have to swap and what you are looking for. Pre arranged swaps are welcome.

Bookmark   March 20, 2007 at 12:39AM
More Discussions
any thing
i can not find any thing in my area, does any one know...
sjbaby
looking for kindred spirits
Hi... does anyone know of a garden club/interest group...
roksee
plants 4 story gardener aka BEV
HI BEV if your still wanting ditch lillies ,I can fill...
grannyfifty7
Central Ohio Plant Swap 2015
Central Ohio Plant Swap 2015 (14th year!) - FREE!! Who:...
kin2mice
A Comfortable and Relaxing garden Decorating
Garden design needs to be done in a way that makes...
jerrysherryxiu
Sponsored Products
Gold Medal Hanging Planter
$129.99 | Dot & Bo
20"Sq. Pillow with Ruffles - ORCHID
$175.00 | Horchow
Jaipur Maroc Nada Flat Weave Moroccan Pattern Wool Handmade Rug - RRC001010-0163
$58.00 | Hayneedle
Terra Cotta 24-Inch Wheeled Plant Dolly
Overstock.com
Succulent Print
$26.99 | Dot & Bo
Magnolia Candelabrum Silk Flower Arrangement
Overstock.com
Nearly Natural 5-foot Smilax Tree
Overstock.com
Jaipur Maroc Naima Flat Weave Geometric Pattern Wool Handmade Rug - RRC001010-01
$58.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™