Jasmine Polyanthus(Pink Jasmine)

fancyorchid(9a S.F. Bay Area)April 6, 2011

I have a gorgeous Pink Jasmine that is full of buds waiting to open, I heard that they only bloom in spring, is it just once, or can I expect multiple blooms? It gets sun all day long, climbing on a trellis and it's not planted in the ground. What type of soil should I add to the pot...something for moisture retention or Not? Would anyone please let me know?

Thanks

Annamaria

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foolishpleasure

I don't have the pink ones. Are you sure it is Pink. My rose Jasmin bud looks pink on the outside and when it open it is white. Also I have young Grand duke and some one posted that he has on his grand duke white and pink flowers. I hope I can get the same.
My Jasmin are planted in pots and that is what I use for soil 25% soil-25% perlite-25% Humus-25% Moss. The moss retain moisture for the roots, the perlite make the soil light and easy for the root to penetrate and the HUMUS is the height form of Organic fertilizer. The only thing wrong with using Pots is you have re-pot every 2 or three year. I have to use pots because my Winter is cruelly cold and I Winter all my Plants inside the House.

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 1:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

Jasminum polyanthus blooms once.

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
Petunia 'Cottage Queen'
Has anyone ever sniffed this petunia? I noticed it...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
When to prune Jasmine Sambac and GD Supreme plants
I had all my jasmines in my garage for winter protection...
fruits_veggies
magnolia × wieseneri
Anyone have this in their garden? Sounds amazing but...
Maggie (Vancouver, BC 8a)
Mali Chat from Alohatropicals
I have got Mail chat plants from Alohatropicals. But...
bunti
What is finally being evicted this year?
Anyone finally lose patience or be so disappointed...
Maggie (Vancouver, BC 8a)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™