snasxs, oops, these gardenias got showers!

meyermike_1micha(5)April 10, 2009

"You are the person who showered your root-rotting gardenia and claimed victory!"

Yes I am...:-)

And I can claim victory of a few others too, that made it through this winter with the help of lots of showers!

I may have lost one, but that was a repotting mistake. Not due to overwatreing. Your good avdice and concern will always be appreciated though...

Everyone else,

Here's some of my fragrants that made it after a long winter....

Next year I hope not to losse one!..:-)

I could of never done this without all of you..

Thanks!!

As toni would say,

HUGS,

MIke

P.s. Your in our thoughts toni..:-) Hope your feeling better!

Oh ya,

By the way, too all those that care enough to want to know if Logees sold me that 4 inch denia I wanted so badly...

No.

But they are sending me another one just like the one I wanted for free shipping!! Hopefully with no bugs...lol

Oops,a Jasmine Duke...Smells mighty good..:-)

A ponderosa for extra...

Another ponderosa

Bouvardia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
longriver(SF Bay Area)

meyermike_1micha : Where did you purchase the gardenia, #3 picture? "Possibly" that cultivar was the one I released it in U. S. to a nursery 15 years ago in southern California. This nursery told me there was another nursery going to propagate this gardenia. Anyhow I am happy to see some one have this familiar gardenia.
How long have you had this plant? How do you to keep them warm in the winter?

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 4:58AM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Mike, those are absolutely FABULOUS!! Showers and all, LOL... kidding aside, you did a phenomenal job raising those plants! Way to go!!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!! Really enjoyed them!!

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 8:28PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Hi longriver,
I purchased that gardenia at Logees...They have the most unusual plants that no one else sells. I just wish they didn't come with bugs at times though..lol
These plants I got were clean when bought though. They do have great plants most of the time.
I keep them in a warm south facing window. I keep the room over 70 by day and 60's by night. I also keep a humidifier and a water fountain going all winter. They sit near the water fountain..
Is this plant what you were thinking it is? That would be weird. I love this plant. It actually has a very fragrant cinnaminy smell. It is always in flowering stage.
I have had this plant since September.. I almost lost it due to incorrect PH in the soil. Now it looks great after an adjustment in the soil and a repot..

Pug...Thanks!

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 9:16AM
mersiepoo(6)

Bootiful pictures Mike!! How do you make your gardenia so nice and green...awesome!

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 3:31PM
More Discussions
Hamamelis mollis
I have a new spot under a huge cedar that has been...
Maggie (Vancouver, BC 8a)
Petunia 'Cottage Queen'
Has anyone ever sniffed this petunia? I noticed it...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
Can someone ID this for me please!
I saw it in a Youtube video, but I couldn't make out...
earlisbubba
fragrant whites of the summer...
Hi all blooms this season... Thanks for seeing... Radha....
radhavall
Your 2015 wish list
Okay. I'm sort of ashamed to admit that I've already...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™