September Blooms.

nultyNovember 29, 2013

Some of the blooms in my garden during September 2013.

Video===September Blooms

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

A real treat to look at on this freezing cold Christmas Eve morning, Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the best in the New Year.

Annette

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 11:47AM
nulty

Hi Annette,..its heavy rain and floods here with storm force winds,..luckily i am on high ground and walled in,..delighted the video brightened up your freezing cold weather,..wishing you a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Philip

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 3:29PM
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

I live up north in Ontario, where we are witnessing one of the worst winters in decades. Lots of snow, ice, and below freezing temperatures for extended periods. You will understand how much I enjoyed your video. Thanks so much, and happy new year to you. I am captivated by the yellow flower in your post. My favourite colour and it looks like a lily, my favourite flower. Would you be so kind as to identify it so I can grow it in my garden this year? Thanks again.

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 4:08AM
nulty

Hi northerner,
sorry to see you are having severe weather in Ontario and one of the worst winters in decades,..looking at New York and other parts of America,..its very bad.

Our weather has improved thankfully no snow however we might be in for a pasting if winds blow from the Russian shores.

Delighted you enjoyed the video,.........Philip

That plant you admired is 'Tigridia pavonia',..Tiger Flower or Mexican Shell Flower,..its of the Iridaceae Family,..there are some 35 species and very easy to grow from bulbs,..of course seeds can be collected from the first blooms,..this flower blooms for one day but its a welcome sight to see the next lot of blooms next day,..blooms will appear until the first frost and are approx 6 inch blooms.

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Happy Saturday Morning, Cottagers!! Well, it's a grey...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
reminder of spring
post your spring pics from last year This post was...
davids10 z7a nv.
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Here's what my Garden looks like!!
The icicles are getting crazy big, but they look pretty...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Hillside cottage garden
Hello! I am going to make my first ever attempt at...
rickcrum
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™