any one been to growers outlet yet?

bmmalone(7)February 23, 2008

I know it's early days, but i am desperate to get out into the yard again! Not sure if I need any plants right now, but just to know that they are available would be great!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anne242(7)

Hi bmmalone. I live near Loganville but I haven't had a chance to make it by there yet. Maybe next week. They have a website and it includes a list of all the plants they have available, size, prices, etc., including what's on sale. It may tell you what you need to know. I noticed they had updated it as of today. Don't you just love Grower's Outlet? I get a little crazy when I shop there, and I buy most of my plants there. You certainly can't beat their prices. The owner told me when they were closing for the winter that this year they are going to specialize in drought tolerant plants. A very good idea, I think.

Anne

http://growersoutletllc.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Grower's Outlet

Bookmark   February 23, 2008 at 1:31PM
georgia-rose

I thought about going up there today, but it was so dreary and chilly this morning, that I decided to wait for a warmer, sunny day. Staying close to home these days, since there is so many cases of influenza being reported.
I'm sure that they will have a better selection of plants later on, in mid March.
Not looking for many plants this year, need a few native Hollies to screen the uglies next door, but they don't usually carry those.

Bookmark   February 23, 2008 at 5:35PM
anne242(7)

I know what you mean about it being cold and dreary today. I wanted to get out and finish planting my bulbs today, but the ground is way too wet. Not that I am complaining! I'm thankful for the rain. I'm way behind because I have had 3 surgeries on my foot since Sept. and haven't been able to work outside much in a long time. I can't wait for spring to get here! I saw several kinds of hollies on their availability list today, but I don't know which ones you are looking for. It will give you a good excuse to go there and look, lol.

Anne

Bookmark   February 23, 2008 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
Houston triumph tulips
Hi. In georgia, what month do Houston Triumph Tulips...
tulipwedding
have: lime tree - free to good home!
I have an unknown type of lime tree (not a dwarf) planted...
alison234
free partially bags of fertilizer, lime, etc.
Can't move these. I have partial bags of fertilizer,...
Tricia
Growing on a slope in North Georgia
I live in very N. Georgia. Basically Chattanooga, Tn....
Natdiamond
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™