Will my Lavender bloom again in a month?

markblascoMay 15, 2006

I have several large lavender plants in my front yard that are in full bloom - they look like little pineapples with thin petals at the top that look like ears. I am in Seattle, WA. We are going to be selling our house, and it is going on the market in about 5 weeks. If I cut off all of the blooms right now, will it bloom a second time by then? I would love to have the lavender in bloom when people come and look at the house, and if 5-6 weeks is what it takes than I will go out there tonight and cut down the flowers.

Also, if I am going to be cutting down the flowers, is there anything I can do with them other than putting them in a vase? Can they be dried? I am a complete novice when it comes to this, and I am under a timeline due to our house sale, so any information you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimshy

I doubt they'd put out new shoots and bloom again in just 5 weeks, even assuming constant sunny weather, which may not be the case with Seattle ;)

However, the flower heads may very well still be looking good in that time, so I'd keep 'em on.

Yes, they dry beautfully and keep their scent, so you could create a bouquet in a vase for visitors.

Jim

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Jasmine 'Grand Duke of Tuscany Supreme'.
I cannot honestly remember if it is just GDT or the...
andrew78
Petunia 'Cottage Queen'
Has anyone ever sniffed this petunia? I noticed it...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
My Gardenia is dying because of spider mites,what to do?
Gardenia dying off below pic Ok to start with this...
Marwa Mars
Fragrant book reviews!
I was all in love with my latest fragrant book that...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
Blooming in February! We are late!!!
It is almost spring, why hasn't a thread on Blooming...
rubyjchang
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™