Southern Indiana plant/seed/craft swap

micky_INSeptember 30, 2002

HI ALL!! I'm seriously considering having a swap in October here in Southern Indy. My only concern is of course, people actually showing up.

I don't mean to sound witchy, but I ask that only the people that are 95% to 100% sure they will come, reply to this post. If I do this, I will have it at my house and before I get everything planned and taken care of I want to make sure it's going to be worth it.

I figure if 30 people sign up, I can expect 15 to show (I know things can come up unexpectedly, even to those who would move heaven and earth to come). Anyway, 15 people would be worth it, 20 would be great any more than that sounds like a party!!! LOL!!

The swap will consist of everyone bringing either, plants, seeds or crafts to swap. I'm sure there are others out there like me, that have no plants to swap but, have plenty of seeds. This is where the crafts play their part. Not many people will want to bring plants and go home with seeds so, the people with plants can trade for crafts if they want.

I'll give more details if and when we have enough people willing to come. All I ask is that when you post saying you'll come, mention what it is you will bring, ie. plants, crafts or seeds. You don't need to list what seeds, plants or crafts you'll bring, just which of the 3, all 3 or whatever.

Hopefully we'll get enough people to sign up and get lots of goodies!!

Micky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katie_in(zone 5b IN)

Hi Micky,

Sounds like alot of fun to me. But I would need to know what day, time and where in southern Indiana. I could bring Iris rhizomes. Let me know.
Katie

Bookmark   September 30, 2002 at 9:55PM
micky_IN

Hi Katie,
Right now I'm pretty sure I'll have it on Sunday Oct 20th, around 1:00 or 2:00.
I'll email everyone that wants to come with complete details and a map of how to get here. I'm approx. an hour south of Speedway In.

I don't want to post my location and addy on here so, if you're planning on coming, LMK and I'll email you the details.

Thanks
Micky

Bookmark   September 30, 2002 at 10:11PM
michelle_ind(Z5 IND)

HI SOUNDS GREAT TO ME..MY 2 SISTER-IN-LAWS WILL BE JOINING US.I LIVE IN COLUMBUS INDIANA. HOW FAR ARE YOU FRO THERE? WE WILL BE BRINGING SEEDS AND SOME CRAFTS WE HAVE MADE.
MICHELLE

Bookmark   October 1, 2002 at 11:01AM
micky_IN

Hi Michelle, shall I count you and your SIL's in for the swap? I think it will be lots of fun, hopefully we'll get a good turn out.

I sent you an email, did you get it?

Katie?? Think you can make it?

Micky

Bookmark   October 3, 2002 at 2:10PM
lora_in(z5 central IN)

Hiya Micky!
I would love to come!I missed the Fall Indy swap due to tornado damage so I have bunches of stuff that needs homes.I have a number of shrubs,named daylillies,pink asiatic lillies and a variety of house plants.I would be happy to trade for seeds,plants,crafts,birdhouses-let the trading begin! Lora

Bookmark   October 9, 2002 at 1:34PM
hutchanne(z6/S.Indiana)

Hope I can join you all too. I can bring plenty of Cleome seeds. Wondering where location is? Never been to a swap, sounds great. Let me know Micky, thanks

Bookmark   October 10, 2004 at 7:37AM
More Discussions
any thing
i can not find any thing in my area, does any one know...
sjbaby
Any teenage gardener who likes gardening read on.
Any teenage gardener on this site do you want to be...
Olwas2013
September 28th -- Central Ohio Fall Plant Swap 2013!
I can't believe I waited this long to post this --...
alison
Central Ohio FALL Garden Swap September 20th!
(NOTE THE DATE CHANGE: Sept 27th is the correct date!) Terri...
alison
plants 4 story gardener aka BEV
HI BEV if your still wanting ditch lillies ,I can fill...
grannyfifty7
Sponsored Products
Double Twist Shepherd's Hook Fireplace Tool Set
Signature Hardware
Hubbardton Forge Calla 18 1/4" Dark Smoke Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Traditional Hanging Lantern
Lightology
Two-Light Black Outdoor Wall Lantern with Seeded Glass
$188.10 | Bellacor
Wisteria Table Lamp
$399.00 | FRONTGATE