Raleigh Plant Swap and help

cactusrequiemOctober 16, 2004

I have a strange situation, maybe someone could help. I live in Charleston SC, so kind of ignore my zone and such. My mother however lives in the Raleigh area, actually Wendell. She wants to experience a plant swap, but was a little shy in going by herself the first time,and I couldn't come up there when you all had your last one. I setup and planned out a plant swap here in Charleston back in July, it went fairly well. Pics may still be in this forum. My question is, does anybody know of a plant swap in the Raleigh area the weekend after Thanksgiving? I know it's a bad, busy weekend, but my mother has LOTS of Aloe and Spider plants she wants to swap, I will be there also and I have all sorts of cool stuff I could bring, see my trade page. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Darren

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

There isnt a swap going on at that time. My advice is to start your own swap, pick a date, make the post and choose a place. Then wait to see who replies. My bet is, lots will come. Pick a public garden or other public place in Raleigh that is well-known and conducive to such an outdoor event. Then start your own post such as "Raleigh NC swap Nov 27th" and tell us where it is. See you there. Let's see what the rest say...

Bookmark   November 2, 2004 at 12:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tyndall(7b NC)

Darren,
Sorry we missed your mother last fall in Raleigh. Let her know there were plenty of people there who didn't know anyone else. I didn't my first time going. There'll probably be another in the early spring if she's interested. Let me know if there's anything we can do that will help ease her nervousness. Jennifer

Bookmark   December 5, 2004 at 12:24PM
More Discussions
Deltona Fl Plant Swap this Sunday 6/30
Having a impromptu plant swap this Sunday morning,6/30...
saultic
Anyone from Southwest Idaho?
Hey, are there any Boiseans or Treasure Valley gardeners...
karalyn
Egg Plant
When is an eggplant ready to harvest? The plants is...
ryansveggiegarden
For the Rosarians, what is a rose that..
Hi, I would really be grateful if you guys can help...
pootpoot1
Fully automatic mini climate controlled garden for balkonies
Hello, my vision is it to develop a mini wheather box...
ecosystem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™