looking for dirty hands in California

LisaBoyer(So. Calif.)November 18, 2004

Hello.

I was hoping someone here could direct me to a local group, one that meets and swaps or just talks dirt. I live in the Pomona Valley, however, I am not opposed to driving 50 miles in any direction.

Looking forward to meeting soon :)

Lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mikey(SoCal-Z10-22/23)

Hi Lisa. As far as meetings for a gardening club in your area, I suggest contacting some nurseries in your area or posting something on the California forum.

Over on the California forum, on the "Exchanges" side you will often see someone from the southern CA area organizing a plant swap. However, most of these take place in the spring and early summer. You just have to check in on the CA Exchange forum now and then. I've been to several and hope to host one as soon as I retire. Plant swaps have been held in Redlands, Costa Mesa, Norco, Buena Park, Fontana, south Orange County and probably elsewhere. The "Coversations" side of the same forum will also sometimes get folks together to raid a designated nursery.

Additionally, there are garden tours in the southern CA area every spring. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open for them. One of my favorite spring garden tours is the MaryLou Heard Memorial Garden Tour which usually occurs in May. It's free and you can contact someone at this site for more information: MaryLou Heard Memorial Garden Tour

Stella_Blue (Mary) of the GW organized the below group a couple of years ago for locals but there isn't much activity on the board now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern CA Fun Gardening Club

Bookmark   November 27, 2004 at 1:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluemill(zone8,9,10 ca.)

any central ca gardeners out there?

Bookmark   December 24, 2004 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
Central Ohio FALL Garden Swap September 20th!
(NOTE THE DATE CHANGE: Sept 27th is the correct date!) Terri...
alison
Fully automatic mini climate controlled garden for balkonies
Hello, my vision is it to develop a mini wheather box...
ecosystem
maps31
For the Rosarians, what is a rose that..
Hi, I would really be grateful if you guys can help...
pootpoot1
Any get togethers, swaps, or general plant-ness going on in SC?
I have a ton of plants to swap, and live in Charleston....
NeonCactus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™