difference btwn Rozanne and Ingwerson

cltroses(Scott in 7b NC)February 23, 2006

Hello. My landscape architecht recommended I plan Ingwerson geranium, but upon looking at some pictures, I like the blue geraniums like Johnson's Blue and Rozanne better. I did some research and found out that Ingwerson is a microrrhizum. Are Rozanne and Johnson's Blue the same thing? Is there some reason why you'd plant Ingwerson and not the blue varieties? And, what is a microrrhizum? lol...thanks for any help!

Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freebird(z5/6PA)

Macrorrhizum's are clump forming hardy geraniums that are an excellent goundcover for shade. They bloom in my zone (6) in late spring, early summer. The flower on Ingwersen's is pink. Because macrorrhizums tolerate dry shade, I grow them under my maple. Rozanne, my favorite, needs more sun. In your zone, part sun may be fine. She has a blue flower. Rozanne is sterile. She grows into a clump that flops into a large clump. She starts to bloom in late spring and never stops until October. Last year she bloomed into November for me. Johnson's Blue has a similar flower to Rozanne and similar light requirements but does not bloom as long.

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 8:58AM
More Discussions
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
What is the name of this flower?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the...
Shaz79
Parks Maverick Mix Seeds - Good for starting from seed?
I have never grown geraniums from seed. My first choice...
pagenie1
Citaniila geraniums
im in need of some happy colored geraniums.. id like...
sewnmom7
Seed Geranium or Cutting for baskets
After growing several vegetables from seed I'm going...
obrionusa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™