USF Plant Fair

sis3April 11, 2012

Just a reminder that the USF Spring Plant Festival is this Saturday and Sunday. A friend has asked me to go with her for her first visit there. Anyone else planning to go?

Here is a link that might be useful: USF Spring Plant Festival 2012

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crueltyfre(Tampa 9a heat 10 sunset 26)

I'll be there around 9, waiting in line with friends.
Lori

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 6:14PM
sis3

Hi Lori. We will be there at about 10am. I will look out for you although I have no idea how I would recognize you! I will probably be wearing a bright blue tee with a tropical design on it and denim bermuda shorts. Please say "hi" if you see us.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 10:13PM
mboston_gw

How was it? We are planning on going Sunday - looking for some small semi-shade plants for our front yard/sidewalk
area. Didn't really think about looking for them there or we would have gone today. Will try to be there at 10.

Usually buy my butterfly plants there - I will have to keep telling myself -"NO more butterfly plants!" I have no more room! Unless I can convince my hubs to put them in the new area- actually looking for dwarf powderpuff and maybe some Weigela or maye some Variegated Gingers.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 8:36PM
sis3

It was BUSY! Plants were being shipped out by the carload by 10.30am! There was a good selection and I am sure they will have restocked for today! Nice atmosphere. My friend bought about 40 plants.

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 8:23AM
tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)

Tina and I stopped by on the way back from Silvia's party yesterday. We didn't get there until about 4:00 P.M. but they still had quite a selection, pretty darn hot though and as sunny as it is today I'd be living in the shade....

Tom

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 2:00PM
mboston_gw

We did go and it was hard to know if they were well stocked or not. The one place I always hit is the one with all the flowering plants - Color----something. They had lots of empty bench area so I am thinking they sold out of alot. I didn't go for that anyways so onward we went.

Ended up buying some different things - a Dwarf Bottlebrush, a Dwarf Tibouchina, and a Dwarf Jasmine. All are to go in the area we are relandscaping. Also bought 2 Rosemary plants that will also go out in the same area. We still need lots more - a big area to fill.

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 2:31PM
sis3

Colorfield Farms! I think my friend was responsible for emptying some of those benches!

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 10:31PM
crueltyfre(Tampa 9a heat 10 sunset 26)

I ran into Veronica there, but that's the only GWer I saw. I got a lot, but was quite annoyed that Colorfield had raised it prices in the two weeks since Tropiflora, no more buy 5 get one free. They are now officially higher $ than Lowe's!
As I stood in line I passed out flyers about the Tampa swap next week...so hopefully some people bought lots of new stuff and need to get rid of lots of old stuff, lol.
Lori

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 9:31AM
mboston_gw

They were 6 for $30 yesterday, I think or $6 a piece. I didn't get anything there but looked for an Agastache (for a friend) that I had bought a couple years ago. Saw a similiar one but it had little fragrance so I didn't get it. Their plants needed watering and probably looked better Saturday.

I have to admit that I have always gotten quality plants from them and have had some in my garden for at least 3 years now.

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 10:04AM
sis3

Yes, we paid $30 for 6 plants, or $6 each on Saturday. I thought that was the same price as last year.

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 11:49AM
thonotorose

I really enjoyed it and felt that it was VERY busy! So glad for the vendors.

Found a purple Blue-eyed grass! Who knew! Also got a creamy white/green croton called Lucious(?). Went specifically to get my little green/white Thai caladiums, two more pots.

A black sapote... Since papayas are no longer dead to me, I thought I could give this one the same treatment. Large pot wheeled into the makeshift green house for the winter.

Love the gal that has the own root roses for just $6, though I now have bought all her varieties. Did get Marie d'Orleans.

It was great to see Lori, too.

Veronica

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 12:39PM
laura1(9aTpa,FL)

Lori forgot that she saw me...long enough to stick a flyer in my bag. I do admit that I rarely make it to the forum these days but some of you know me.
I was helping at the succulent society booth and they were selling the heck out of dessert roses. People were buying a lot of stuff.
Hope to get over to Lori's swap...c-ya.

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 3:50PM
More Discussions
Callisia Repens is killing my lawn
Hi all, I bought a house a couple of years ago, with...
oldmangroot
wanted: perlite & peat moss wholesaler in miami, fl
Hi, I'm thrilled to come across this site. So many...
PowPowPow
Seedling Spouted ... now what?
I put a couple of my Golden Trumpet tree seeds in some...
SweetMonkeyCheese Z9 Tampa
need seeds
i was wondering if anyone can send me some seeds to...
the2015farmer
New Floridian gardener
Im a snowbird who is loving gardening all year long...
juttz
Sponsored Products
Costa Low Stacking Armchair - Set of 2 - Fermob
$1,054.00 | HORNE
Classic Solid Wood Pot Table Lamp With Floral Leaf Painting
ParrotUncle
Six-foot Silk Kentia Palm Tree
Overstock.com
Progress Lighting Outdoor Lighting. Black 1-light Landscape Spotlight
$72.00 | Home Depot
Slant Task Lamp with Pyramidion Shade by Trend Lighting
$310.00 | Lumens