Jasmine obsession

teka2rjleffel(z10FL)June 23, 2006

Living in Florida, of course I have some jasmine plants. It is required after all. At a recent plant swap I got two new ones. They are so wonderful, now I want every jasmine out there. Any suggestions on where to purchase unusual ones or anyone interested in trading rooted cuttings? I have six that I can think of right now.

Thanks,

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasiec

Hi Nancy - Which Jasmine did you get? I like jasmine too.

Kasie

Bookmark   June 24, 2006 at 6:36PM
teka2rjleffel(z10FL)

Kasie,
I got Grand Duke, Maid of Orleans and Belle of India. I also have night blooming jasmine, day blooming jasmine, Lakeview (orange) jasmine, confederate jasmine and another gorgeous Sambac, but I'm not sure which one it is. I've had it for a while.
Nancy

Bookmark   June 24, 2006 at 9:25PM
kasiec

Great selections Nancy!

Kasie

Bookmark   June 25, 2006 at 12:46AM
jimshy

There are a number of Florida nurseries that carry unusual jasmine varieties, including one that cannot be named here (initials are "TT") and gardino, both on the web. Kartuz in california has a good selection, though not all are available at any one time.

I currently grow 5 "jasmine" type plants, and I'm still looking for a true jasminum odoratissimum with decent fragrance, so I share the obsession!

Bookmark   June 26, 2006 at 12:54PM
siliconmage(z5 NE)

Yes, TT is where I got all of my Jasminum Sambac. I think I have all varieties of this plant.

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 2:51PM
ayubars

HI Nancy,
Which of your Jasmine is the most highly fragrant?

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 9:31AM
karen_b_z9(z9, SAC, CA)

I have maid of orlean but I don't think it is big enuf to really smell from a distance. My night blooming is unbelievable!! Just a few flowers and I can smell when I open window to courtyard....don't want that one to get too big...will be too much! I also have babies of the pink (winter) which was too small to bloom last winter and another one...will have to find which one it is. Also have a jasmine out fron that is grown all over California...very common but don't know name?? Want to get more, too!!

Bookmark   July 11, 2006 at 12:43AM
More Discussions
Petunia 'Cottage Queen'
Has anyone ever sniffed this petunia? I noticed it...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
Jasmine 'Grand Duke of Tuscany Supreme'.
I cannot honestly remember if it is just GDT or the...
andrew78
Osmanthus fragrans 'Fudingzhu'
I bought three large plants because I read about their...
KJMM
Chimonanthus Praecox Wintersweet in Zone 6?
The Chinese Winterswwet (Chimonanthus Praecox) is listed...
redsun9
Pruning Honeysuckle??
I have a wonderful fence full of honeysuckle. It is...
womanhead
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™