A few stems on Ivy Pelargonium growing straight up

mehearty(So ME z5a)March 10, 2008

Hi,

I am wondering if I should keep cutting back these straight up stems, or will they eventually turn downward from their own wieght? There are some really nice, cascading stems on each plant, and I want it to continue with that look.

Thank you in advance

=) MH

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
simplyroses(z5WA)

Just found your post--I carried over some ivy geraniums from last year and I am letting them fall by their own wt. I had trimmed them way back in the fall after bringing them indoors for the winter. They have filled out real nice. I have them in a sun room that gets lots of light so I just keep them potted. They get white flies in the house so I spray with a soap/alcohol solution about once a week along with a good spray of water.

Kathryn

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 11:56PM
kathi_mdgd

I just let my pelagoriums do whatever they want.They are in bud now,so in a few days i'll post pictures to show you the blooms.
Kathi

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 10:02PM
mehearty(So ME z5a)

Thank you Kathryn & Kathi =) I've noticed that some of the tall stems have bent (it's possible that my kids bumped into them). There's a tear where they've bent, and I wonder if I should come up with some sort of plant bandaid?

Kathi, I overwintered mine in a sun room indoors so even though they're not blooming like crazy, they've had a few blooms throughout the winter. I'm just thrilled with them.

Do post pics when you can!

Bookmark   March 30, 2008 at 7:42AM
More Discussions
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
What is the name of this flower?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the...
Shaz79
Overwintering geraniums.
Hi folks I would like some advice. I have a raised...
averil
How to Improve Geranium Bloom Fullness?
Last year was my first year growing geraniums from...
kdog2568
Help...my geranium looks pitiful!
Can somebody tell me what I need to do to revive my...
plant_lover_grow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™