geraniums

liz62(6)March 25, 2012

I am trying to wake up my Geraniums, I brought it out and it has white stems on the tops of the others. I don't know what to do now, any suggestions would be helpful. I think it is still growing but I can't take a picture because I forgot my password on Imageshack.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dowlinggram

Put them in light but not direct light--just so they are getting some light and give them a small drink--not too much. They have to grow back their feeder roots and too much water will kill them. Gradually over the next 2 weeks give them more light and water. The white stems means they grew a little but there was no light so they went white

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 4:53AM
liz62(6)

ok, one of my other pages on gardening says to put them outside in the shade, but the temperature is in the 30's right now, isn't that a little too cold for them? I think I can put them in the entry way, there is a little bit of light out there and it is not too hot or cold. I hope they will grow and bloom for me this summer, I really loved seeing the pink flowers and buds.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 10:30AM
dowlinggram

Putting them outside in cold weather freezing weather is a sure way to kill them. Just keep them inside and when they actively start to grow move them into the best light you can give them. When the weather warms in the day you can put them outside in the day and bring them in at night. Put them in the shade at first and gradually over the next week let them have more and more sun. When all danger of frost has past then set them outside all the time. By then they should have good growth

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 5:56PM
More Discussions
Starting from seed.Scarlet Pelargonium x Hortum
I will be starting Geranium inspire Scarlet Pelargonium...
ontheteam
Geranium and snow pic
Just looking out my kitchen window at the snow and...
pandora
What is the name of this flower?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the...
Shaz79
What's the secret to rooting cuttings?
I've been trying to take cuttings of the geraniums...
fieldofflowers
Geranium leaf turning yellow - picture attached
Hi, I have got 2 trailing geraniums. One is fine but...
Chellam
Sponsored Products
Graziela Red 18 x 18 Floral Throw Pillow
$57.95 | Bellacor
Rainwater Natural Soap Set - Set of 5
$27.99 | Dot & Bo
White Geranium Bush
$11.99 | zulily
Hampton Bay Cushions Geranium Texture Outdoor Bench Cushion 7672-01220600
$39.98 | Home Depot
Geo Crafts Geraniums Doormat - G172
$27.99 | Hayneedle