Geranium in pot leaning

rebam98April 17, 2008

Hi,

I am starting small with 1 geranium in a pot. It really gets battered in the wind. It has leaned to the side for the longest time. I propped it up a bit with some rocks and put it in a place where the wind wouldn't get to it as bad and it perked up a bit. But we had a bout of really nasty weather the past couple days, (while I was at work and couldn't get home ... it has been cold-around 45-70-and windy), and my geranium is back to leaning again.

Is this just the wind? Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps the little guy isn't strong enough and needs some more fertilizer? I have some slow release fertilizer mixed in with the pot but that is it. I water it about once a day if it hasn't rained. Is it not supported enough in its little pot?

Also, I have some browning of the leaves (see pic as well). Is this a sign of some kind of nutrient deficiency?

Help is appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
primeribs

Hi, I'd say it's just the wind, did you just plant it up? If so I would stake it up before the roots take hold. Now as far as the leaves go they look more wind burned then anything, also I would stop watering it every day and let it dry out before you water again.
-prime

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 12:52AM
More Discussions
How to Improve Geranium Bloom Fullness?
Last year was my first year growing geraniums from...
kdog2568
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
want to trade pelagornium seeds/cuttings
Would like to trade seeds (horea and Otidia and various...
asclepchris
Seed Geranium or Cutting for baskets
After growing several vegetables from seed I'm going...
obrionusa
Starting from seed.Scarlet Pelargonium x Hortum
I will be starting Geranium inspire Scarlet Pelargonium...
ontheteam
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™