Vintage Roses in Atlanta?

karma4111(7)March 12, 2009

Does anyone know of a nursery in the Atlanta area that has a good selection of Antique Roses? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Karma, Habersham should have a few, but nobody has a very big variety at all. I'm working on it. My future plans are to propagate some of my antique roses. I order from The Antique Rose Emporium in Texas and the roses that come are GORGEOUS. I'm almost ready to get a few more. I think that for the size, which will bloom a few blooms this year, and then be beautiful next year - I think for the size they are worth the price.
Ashdown Roses is also moving just 3 hours from Atlanta by the fall I think!! I'm so excited about that.

GGG

Bookmark   March 12, 2009 at 9:14AM
roseman45(z7GA)

Roses unlimited in Laurens, SC is a great nursery to order from. Wonderful selection of Old Garden Roses and others.

Bookmark   March 14, 2009 at 8:14PM
rjinga

Is $20 per rose a typical cost for online nursery roses? Would you pay less at a nursery that you could drive to and take plants with you?

RU charges $16 to $19? or $18 per plant and then the shipping is $3 (to GA) per plant and $5 per order. This seems high, but I'm completely a novice at buying roses, so I could be completely off.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 10:21PM
buford(7 NE GA)

Vintage Roses in California is a great mail order source for old garden roses. The shipping for us here in Georgia is high. However, if you are planning to buy a dozen or so, it can be affordable. The shipping is the same for one rose up to 4, so it's worth it to order 4. They also have specials where if you buy 4 you get one free. The last time I ordered, I picked out 8, got 2 free, which gave me 10. But since the shipping for 10 was the same as 12, I added two more (see how they enable you?). The shipping was about $42, but divided among 12 roses, it's not that high. Plus you get two free roses and many of the roses were $7.50 (these are bands, which are small). The entire order was something like $140, but for a dozen roses...not bad.

Bookmark   March 18, 2009 at 7:07AM
More Discussions
Atlanta Seed swap
Would anyone be interested in doing an Atlanta seed...
planterjeff
Howdy Folks!
Any of the old regulars still around? I have been...
vroomp
Growing on a slope in North Georgia
I live in very N. Georgia. Basically Chattanooga, Tn....
Natdiamond
Hi, I am lost with the new site.
Hi, can someone please direct me to the Swap/ trade...
organic_gardenhag
How to prune a too tall crape myrtle?
I recently bought an old house with a potentially great...
jenarnow
Sponsored Products
Gaffney Blue Vintage Industrial Pendant Lamp
ModernistLighting.com
Signature Designs by Ashley Cream Cottage Retreat 5-drawer Chest
Overstock.com
Bulb Drop Pendant
$59.99 | Dot & Bo
Embroidered Floral Vintage Chic Antique White Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Hopson Armless Chair - Key Largo Graphite Brown
Joybird Furniture