Yet another iris blog- pics by Rita and Gottagarden featured

hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)December 20, 2012

Hi cottage gardeners,
I hope I'm not boring you with all of these posts on irises. But this one is on red irises, my favorites, and there are photos by Rita and Gottagarden that are just beautiful, so I thought you might like to go look.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Reds for the Holidays

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ogrose_tx

Oh, my, absolutely gorgeous! I have just started experimenting with irises in my new flowerbed, can hardly wait for spring...

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 4:43PM
gottagarden(z5 western NY)

Love those reds! You certainly have a way with words, makes me want to go out and buy more, when my gardens are already full!

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 9:01AM
sweetannie4u(midOK_z6b/7a)

Oh, thanks for the link!

Rita's and GG's photos were beautiful.

I appreciate that GG shared a start of her 'Samurai Warrior' with me years ago. I now have it growing in three locations.

I also have one that I got from my parent's old homestead. It was not labeled, so I call it 'Hot Chocolate' - very similar to 'Samurai Warrior', but it has a chocolately-ness to the deep red, like Red Velvet Devil's Food Cake, maybe. I found an Iris called 'Hot Chocolate"on the internet and it looks like that one and description sound identical, too.

Anyway, it is a good reproducer and a good one in the red iris category. I have it in with a really pretty yellow Iris, also from Mom's garden and unnamed. (Mom has never cared about a plant's name, so never keeps labels or records - she just gets what colors she likes).

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 3:33PM
More Discussions
" Daffs eaten "
Hi, For quite awhile. I couldn't get on. Now this...
hollyhocker_123
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Well, good Saturday morning, Cottagers. It is a brilliantly...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Forum changed ALOT
OMGosh, this whole forum completely changed! WHen did...
todancewithwolves
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™