zonal geranium blooms - pics

Central_Cali369(Sunset Z9, Fresno, CA)April 9, 2008

My zonal geranium cuttings that i started in Jan have been bloomin since late February. I have mass reproduced them for mass planting throughout the yard. Here are a couple of pics. These will form nice, evergreen hedges within this year, and the best part is that they bloom 10 out of 12 months.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitha1215(z8/Central Louisiana)

Hello! It's an honor to be the "first" *smiles*. Anyway, these are my babies. The coral one in the blue pot I grew from a piece that had fallen off of the moma; it must have been only 2 inches long when I started just in May of last year, maybe later than that like July.

This is my "friendship plant" that my garden buddy bought for me. I was sooo afraid to have it b/c I have failed at "ivy" plants like other ivy geraniums and just regular ivies. However, this one has been going good. I guess because it was given with love....

This one I bought for the mixed pot that it's a part of. I'm not usually a "red flower" person but when I saw this one I fell in love with it....

Over in the big, round, clay pot is a fusia geranium that I bought just b/c I wanted something to put in that pot, but what I love about it is that the two blooms on the end have been blooming for almost 3 weeks now! I know, that's crazy!!! That's a biggie for where I live.....

I couldn't leave out my newest "baby". I cut this one off of the momma that's planted at my mom's house b/c it was too leggy, so I'm nursing it like I did the coral one. I'm excited to see how well it does. It's a very light pink edging with a slightly deeper pink center..........Sorry for the poor quality of the pic I was trying to snap it quickly...

Bookmark   April 11, 2008 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Hardy Geraniums older thread.....
any additions of your favorites to this older thread: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/1632443/hardy-geraniums-revisited...
Patty57
Starting from seed.Scarlet Pelargonium x Hortum
I will be starting Geranium inspire Scarlet Pelargonium...
ontheteam
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
Winter bloom
Took this earlier in the week when there was snow here...
mikeinmo
My Geraniums Stopped Blooming, Can I get some help please?
My 10 year old geranium plants haven't bloomed since...
melissaoc1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™