First, Last and Lates in Michigan

maximus7116(MI)July 21, 2012

There are lots of last flowers in the garden today, and one very welcome first flower.

PARTY PINAFORE, with its last flower (although it has a rare rebloom scape for this far north):

SELF-DETERMINATION -- the blooms haven't been very pretty with the weather conditions this year:

INTEGRATED LOGISTICS, taken last week, also had its last flower today:

Last flower on RED HEADED HUSSEY:

TREVI FOUNTAIN, taken last week, is finishing up today:

FFO on one of my few lates, UP ON THE ROOF:

Last flower on SLIPPED MY DISCO:

And my most photogenic flower, CLAUDINE'S CHARM, after a night of rain a few days ago:

Chris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

They look lovely. I do always like CLAUDINE'S CHARM as it is so pretty. I think I will go with the late blooing UP ON THE ROOF for favorite. Late bloomers are great!

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 11:25AM
shive(6b TN)

Up On the Roof is a very attractive late bloomer! I love the way Integrated Logistics looks in your photo, and it's my favorite. My IL is a lot darker than that, and never did do any pinching despite having 8 scapes. How nice that Party Pinafore with rebloom for you! Self Determination looks beautiful on it's last blooms, and so does Claudine's Charm. Trevi Fountain is lovely and provides a nice contrast with all your pretty purples.

Debra

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 12:07PM
Nancy zone 6

Lots of daylilies I really like, I always love those watermarked like Claudine's Charm

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 2:02PM
Maryl zone 7a

I like Up On The Roof. The color caught my eye first. Party Pinafore is always pretty. I don't like reds that much in daylilies, but between the name and the color of Red Headed Hussey, it's my 3rd favorite. All in all a very nice group of daylilies....Maryl

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 3:05PM
mantis__oh

I decided to pick up Claudine's Charm, since so far your recommendations have all been on target for here. However, Trevi Fountain is one that I had problems with because multiple flowers tended to be crowded on the scape (I had it before viewing any of your posts). I assume you finally got decent rain. Seems strange that you are already on last flowers.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 3:49PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Chris, I like Party Pinafore and think it may be my fav BUT Claudine's Charm looks very majestic, even when wet. I really like them all! Ellie

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 4:35PM
maximus7116(MI)

Thanks, everyone.

Mantis, I think you'll be happy with Claudine's Charm. I've moved it several times until it reached its current location, and evidently this is where it belongs.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:07PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

I like CLAUDINE'S CHARM and also PARTY PINAFORE. You have some beauties today. Wish it would rain here.

jean

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 9:39PM
Julia NY(6)

I agree about CLAUDINE'S CHARM. Very pretty. I have SELF DETERMINATION and it has been blooming here too but unfortunately too many blemishes to photograph.

Julia

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 7:02AM
avedon_gw

Always liked Integrated Logistics, and isn't Red Headed Hussey one of Judy Davisson's? How do her DLs do for you? Claudine's Charm is a favorite. Avedon

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 10:19AM
maximus7116(MI)

Avedon, you're right -- Red Headed Hussey is a bonus I received from Judy Davisson a few years ago. So far her intros have done well, although I have a few that must need more sun because they haven't bloomed for me yet. I have a long wish list for her daylilies.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 11:02AM
avedon_gw

Since I have an anemic budget for DLs--practically on life support--LOL--I have to look at J. Davisson's older hybrids. Like the looks and descriptions of Rambunctious Rosie, Gimme Gimme Gimme and Mr. Butters. Do you have any of those? Avedon

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 11:44AM
maximus7116(MI)

Avedon -- I think I grow 12 of her plants, but none of the ones you listed. Rambunctious Rosy and Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee are on my list of plants to order. For the last few years I've asked to be placed on the waiting list for some of her older plants and have gotten a few that way. I think Gimmee still has a waiting list.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 5:13PM
avedon_gw

Thanks for the heads-up on JD's daylilies. I need to get busy and e-mail her to find out what is available for this fall. Avedon

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
Marvelous "M" daylilies, let's see them!
It's time for the M daylilies and I actually have a...
sherrygirl zone5
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
Voles have started....again!
Have found the first vole tunnel in a while...in the...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™