Need fresh bay leaves

KatyaKatya(6)March 26, 2013

Dear fellow gardeners, I am going to post this in several forums, so excuse me if you see it many times. I am looking for somebody who has a bay laurel tree (Laurus nobilis, of the plant family Lauraceae, also known as sweet bay), big and strong enough to spare a few branches for me. I am in search of fresh leaves, not dry ones, and I need more of them than I could afford if I buy fresh ones ( where fresh ones are available, it is going to be a few sprigs in a small plastic case at a prohibitive price). Also, my use for them is not a food use, so I donâÂÂt care if the tree is growing next to a highway etc. I am ready to pay reasonably for them (or could swap? What are you looking for?). I am willing to drive a couple of hours to get them. I know that in a mild climate, bay trees grow very well, so they should exist not far to the South from me. I am in Johnson City TN and bay trees do not perform well here. I need the leaves around the last week of April, so there is still time. Thank you very much for your patience, I know it all sounds weird but gardeners are used to everything. I will be checking for replies. Katya.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LovingLight(7b)

I know a guy that owns a nursery here in Kennesaw, GA. he gave me a free bag of bay leaves because he has tons of them and was trying to get rid of them. Let me know if you want his name and number...

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 11:45AM
dgs615

I would like the name and number as well, I'd like to find out if we could grow bay in Bremen Ga

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 10:26AM
KatyaKatya(6)

Yes, please, I would like the name and number even though I am not going to drive there for the leaves - it is longer than 4 hours, not worth it. But a contact couldn't hurt, maybe we could order a shipment from him. Or maybe the florist we are working with here in town could order from him. I would like the name of business (and address?), thank you very much.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 2:17PM
LovingLight(7b)

I haven't forgotten you guys! I'm going to see him (Frank) tomorrow and I'll get his phone number for you. I thought I had a business card from him but couldn't find it after 2 days of searching. I'll post it tomorrow for ya! :)

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 9:54PM
LovingLight(7b)

Here's his number. He said he still has bay leaves available.
Frank 770-4190803 www.countrygardensga.ccom

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 4:01PM
KatyaKatya(6)

Thank you!

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
winter veggies in straw bale garden?
I have used the straw bale gardening method in spots...
katy_bug
have: have: composted horse manure
I have composted horse manure on my farm, looking to...
horsecompost
have: lime tree - free to good home!
I have an unknown type of lime tree (not a dwarf) planted...
alison234
Getting completely rid of invasive vines
Is this possible? We moved in to an extremely neglected...
suwannee75
Dracaena Massangeana - leaves are turning yellow and then brown!!
Hello, I bought a Dracaena Massangeana plant about...
daniel159
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™