I think I killed my rosemary!!

midnightsmum (Z4, ON)December 22, 2013

I've had it several years and it was developing into a lovely bush that went out in summer and spent winters indoors. I noticed it was very droopy a few days ago - uh oh. So I gave it a good watering, not a soaking, but a good drink. Almost all of the strappy little leaves have turned brown, some are still green at the stalk. Is there any hope??

tia, Nancy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Do you know which variety it is? 'Arp' can take quite a bit of punishment, mine has been through several winters where the temp. has dipped well below zero F. If it still has some green and the cadmium layer is still green yours will probably recover. I've wacked (severely pruned :) the heck out of mine several times with no ill effects.

Annette

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 11:54AM
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)

Oh Annette - thanks. I've no idea which cultivar is - I just checked and there is no longer a plastic tab, if there ever was one. I picked it up at a nursery. I had a good look and there are lots of green stems - maybe I dodged a bullet here!!

On a happy note, my 4-year-old amaryllis is popping a flower bulb. It is 'Red Lion'. I'm going to check the after Christmas sales to try to get a couple more, in different colours.

Merry Christmas!!! Nancy.

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 2:36PM
ianna(Z5b)

Nancy, is it possibly a case of mildew? indoor rosemary can be susceptible to this fungus. It's the reason I gave up growing rosemary indoors (and prefer to treat them as annuals)

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
echinacea pink double delight
6 plants propagated from a single stem late last nov....
daves10
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is supposed to warm up into the...
cyn427
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
reminder of spring
post your spring pics from last year This post was...
davids10 z7a nv.
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™