Where to buy organic corn meal

alpharetta(z7 GA)March 23, 2010

I would like to include corn meal into my daily food cooking. Yesterday I found whole corn kernels in the plastic bottle in the Walgreen and it is for pop-corn making only. It is expensive too. So I just wonder what farms or grocerry stores in Atlanta metro area selling corn meal. Organic corn meal would be very preferred.

Thanks

Alpharetta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

You can certainly find corn meal in the grocery store. Look in the same aisle as flour and baking products. I am not sure if they have organic corn meal - you might have to ask at customer service to determine.

Bookmark   March 23, 2010 at 3:01PM
esthermgr

Take a look at www.moorefarmsandfriends.com . I order amazing locally grown grains through their farm co-op. Even if you don't join the co-op you'll see the name of the farm they use and you might be able to order in bulk for cheaper prices if you only want one product. I get incredibly grits and oatmeal from them, so it's very likely that they do cornmeal as well .

Bookmark   March 23, 2010 at 3:41PM
alpharetta(z7 GA)

I found http://www.barryfarm.com on the net. They are selling certified organic Millet Grits and Corn Meal with the bulk price. They are in Ohio, so the shipping cost is huge. The bulk price, including shipping, around $2.0 per bls.

Does anybody know any GA local farms who sells the same stuff? So I just drive up and pick up? I also would like to promote the local farms too.

Thanks
Alpharetta

Bookmark   March 23, 2010 at 9:37PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I regularly purchase from Berry Farm because they have some unique gluten free products.
As for local cornmeal www.loganturnpikemill.com is the most local corn mill. I use their organic corn flour, corn meal and grits. You can buy them at the Sandy Springs Whole Foods and also in East Atlanta at Urban Cannibals bodega and bites (which is delicious, and stocks fresh - local foods)

Bookmark   March 23, 2010 at 10:50PM
esthermgr

The one I was thinking of is Oakview Farms and Granary in Alabama. www.oakviewfarms.com

Bookmark   March 24, 2010 at 1:10PM
lrvjim(7 to 8)

Probably more than you want to spend but Anson Mills in SC has the best grits and polenta you will ever eat and I have tried them all. Good cornmeal also, but everything is pricey.

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 10:12AM
scmatlanta_gw(8a - Athens GA)

I think the DeKalb Farmers Market on Ponce de Leon Ave near Decatur has organic corn meal.

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 12:32PM
southgeorgiaboy

You should be able to get it at any large chain grocery store. Pretty sure I've seen it at Publix and Walmart.

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 3:20PM
susancol(7 Atlanta)

Here's a longshot for you. Last time I drove up to the Factory Outlet stores up GA 400, there was a guy on the side of the road selling freshly ground cornmeal. In fact, it's a joke around our house, because he had fabulous roadside signs. It was around Christmas time, and one sign just said "Need a Gift" and the next one said "Cornmeal!".

Best of Luck!
Susan

Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 11:28AM
hughs

Certified Organic Cornmeal ground on site every Saturday (weather permitting) on GA 400 just north of GA 136. This is three (3) traffic lights north of the Factory Outlet Mall in Dawson County.

Bookmark   November 11, 2010 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
Plumerias
Would anyone like some plumeria trees. I post this...
ricky_23
online peonies
Just ordered some peonies from a California nursery...
raptor1
have: have: composted horse manure
I have composted horse manure on my farm, looking to...
horsecompost
Camellia sinensis
"Camellia Sinensis" Tolerates more sun than...
girlgroupgirl
pomegranates
UGA's website said that most named pomegranates do...
esthermgr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™