rambling robin group

Campanula UK Z8June 22, 2012

anyone grow any hybrids of G.incanum x G.robustum. I am loving my rambling robin but bought it as a roadside stall and know very little about it - fabulous grey glaucous lacinate foliage and gently drooping bell shaped flowers. Suspect it has hardiness issues but has come through a dodgy east anglian winter in the UK.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden(z6)

"fabulous grey glaucous lacinate foliage and gently drooping bell shaped flowers"

Sounds pretty! How are your plants doing now?

I see you are from the UK so took a peek at your profile. Perhaps the distance in geography might be why people haven't responded?

You say you and your partner are beginning a new adventure on 5 acres.

How is that coming along? Hopefully well!

Any chance you could share an adventure or two with the friendly folks here at the GW? Thanks.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 6:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Campanula UK Z8

Ho yes, have been rambling on myself about this woodland lark - what a precipitous learning curve this is going to be.
But, on geraniums, the RR group are G.incanum/G.robustum hybrids and are really very easy to grow from seed. Silver Cloak is one of the variety names and seeds can be got from Plantworld.

Growing geraniums (or any other plants) from seed is surprisingly easy - certainly no special heat or light requirements, nice big seeds for station or module sowing and some rather unusual types (I especially like the less hardy maderense and palmatum)
The downside is no sterile (long blooming) plants such as the famed Rozanne........but plain old wallichianum including a pink variety, Syabru is available. And of course, this wood of 5 acres (of thuggish weeds) will have to be planted from seeds since I am now quite broke (ha).

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Overwintering a long deck planter
The planter is about 6"x2' and has 5 plants in...
dab07
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
Best way to care for this geranium?
Hi All, I have this geranium my girlfriend got somewhere...
sergtheuke
Geranium leaf turning yellow - picture attached
Hi, I have got 2 trailing geraniums. One is fine but...
Chellam
Geranium seedling fertilizer
I have been growing geraniums from seed for many years,...
karenbrockman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™