Wondering About Gardenia

winterwren(z7NC)July 9, 2006

I wonder if anyone has heard of a Vaca Valley gardenia? The Home Depot here has a number for sale,and the label claims they are winter hardy. However,I can find no information online about them!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ankraras(8/9AZ)

Well, I sure am drawing a blank with this one. Does it has an identification tag on it? Does the tag give a specific name?
Curious minds would really like to know. lol

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 8:07PM
longriver(SF Bay Area)

Plant grower loves to make a name for a plant with any possible reason. I have many kinds of gardenia in pots. I do not pay much attention to them yet they bloom nicely in my yard under 50% shade and arround sprinkle. Petals arrangement in one circle is single form flower. Then Some cultivars have three layers of circles which looks like rose form flower.

If the plant was originated at middle region of China( Yangtze River), which will be more hardy to stand moderate snow. If the plant was originated from southern China including Taiwan Province, it will not stand freezing condition.

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 5:57AM
gardentea

Nurseries are always looking for the best, to offer their customers, I was watching Rebecca's Garden show, and they were talking about how they are making the plants more resistant and way better

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 4:15PM
More Discussions
Randia ruiziana (Angel of the Night) flower bud?
I don't know but I sure hope so! I've been noticing...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
Doesn't look like MOO to me
Since it's a snowy weekend and I'm stuck inside I've...
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
Can someone ID this for me please!
I saw it in a Youtube video, but I couldn't make out...
earlisbubba
My Gardenia is dying because of spider mites,what to do?
Gardenia dying off below pic Ok to start with this...
Marwa Mars
War on Gardenia's mealy bugs
A few months ago, we took home a beautifully flowering...
daniel_cl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™