What do you know about geraniums shikokianum, soboliferum and ...

sheltiecheJune 21, 2009

and regellii

am growing those from seed and would like to place them better. Regellii is similar to pratense, I take it what about other two?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ontnative(5b Can/USDA 4)

Shikokianum is 16" high, with deeply cut, nicely marbled leaves, and rose-pink flowers. It needs moisture and light shade and flowers from mid-summer into autumn. If planted near low shrubs it will weave its stems through the branches. Soboliferum is a small compact geranium 12-15" high with finely cut ferny leaves. Flowers are purplish red with dark veins and produced from mid-summer into autumn. It needs very moist soil, preferably in sun. Propagation of both is by division or seed. This information was taken from Hardy Geraniums by Trevor Bath and Joy Jones. If you like hardy geraniums, this is a great book to own. I refer to it constantly.

Bookmark   June 23, 2009 at 10:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheltieche

thank you so much, I think I have seen that book in the library. Just posted on perennials forum how much I like my last year planted geranium Orkney cherry-easily becoming my favorite. My pyrenaicums and sanguineums are about done and various pratense are blooming, as well as Nimbus and Tiny monster, first flowers opened up on walssovianum today which will last well into fall. Am wondering where my new geraniums will come into schedule. I have shady garden and while some geraniums need full sun most do well in shadier spots

Bookmark   June 23, 2009 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Hardy Geranium help..
I am new to gardening in z8b Texas. I had a question...
pinkkpearls
want to trade pelagornium seeds/cuttings
Would like to trade seeds (horea and Otidia and various...
asclepchris
Where to find a Red 'Black Vesuvius' dwarf Geranium?
I am interested in obtaining a Red 'Black Vesuvius'...
partybra
Geranium and snow pic
Just looking out my kitchen window at the snow and...
pandora
seeds from china fake or real?
I have been growing geranium from seeds for some time...
gonene1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™